Chapter 12: Santalune City

We trained in the forest and defeated all of the trainers on Route 3. The new couple, Zigzagoon and Croagunk, became closer as well. Zigzagoon stayed affectionate as always, but Croagunk slowly got used to her sudden acts of affection. Zigzagoon and Croagunk had gotten a bit stronger, too. 

With that in mind, I finally decided to enter Santalune City.

"Finally, a Pokémon Center!" I exclaimed. 

We entered the Pokémon Center and someone immediately entered after me, making me spin around in alarm. 

"Oh! Hey there, Sky!"

It was only Tierno. 

"Are you here to get your Pokémon healed, too?" He asked me, and I nodded. "Pokémon Centers sure are great. You can talk to the lady at the counter and have her heal your Pokémon. And you can even deposit Pokémon you've caught in that PC! Know how Pokémon are sent to a PC when you've caught more than you can carry? That's where they go!"

I let out a sigh, a little annoyed by the fact that I keep getting told things I already know. However, not wanting to be rude, I let Tierno carry on in his explanation. When he did a little dance in place, I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Oh yeah, Sky!" He suddenly remembered something. "There's a Poké Mart in the back of a Pokémon Center. It's a good idea to stock up on Pokéballs and potions at the Poké Mart, too."

Tierno then ran off in the direction of some table. 

"Alright, everyone, back in your balls," I told my team as I held out their Pokéballs. "You guys need to get healed up."

They all nodded and went back into their balls with no hesitation. 

"Hello, and welcome to the Pokémon Center," The Nurse Joy greeted me. "Would you like to rest your Pokémon?" 

I gave her a small nod as I handed her my Pokémon. She placed them into the tray behind her, and it quickly lit up. In an instant, Nurse Joy handed me my Pokémon back with a smile. I immediately let them back out of their balls before we exited the building. 

"We should train all of you up a bit more since the first gym is right around the corner," I told my Pokémon. "Seviper, you'll be the main fighter for this gym." 

Seviper gave me a nod. Suddenly, a girl wearing roller skates approached us. I immediately noticed that she seemed familiar. She was the girl from Route 3 who almost ran me over!

"Hey, stranger! Isn't cruising around town on your Roller Skates the best thing ever?"

"Um...I don't have Roll-"

"...Wait. Do you mean to tell me that you don't even own a pair of Roller Skates?!"

"Yeah..that's what I w-"

"Then how about this: if you beat me in a Pokémon battle, I'll give you a pair!" She offered. "I can never say no to a contest, not me! So, how about it? Do you wanna battle."

"Sure," I replied as I held in the urge to roll my eyes.

"Whether it's Pokémon or Roller Skates, speed is important!" The girl exclaimed as she sent out her Zigzagoon.

"Seviper, go!" She let out a soft his and slithered in front of me. "Use Bite!"

Seviper lunged towards the Zigzagoon and sunk her sharp fangs into it. The Zigzagoon tried to shake her off, but it failed desperately. Seviper's move did a lot of damage, but it wasn't enough to knock it out. 

"Zigzagoon, Growl!" On her command, the Zigzagoon let out a cry, which evidently didn't do much.

"One more time, Seviper!" I yelled. "Bite!"

She lunged forward once again and suck her teeth into the Zigzagoon. This time when she let go, the opposing Pokémon stayed on the ground, unmoving. The Zigzagoon's eyes were swirling around like spirals, which meant we won the battle. 

"You wrapped up the battle before I could reach my top speed!" I smiled as she had her Zigzagoon return to its Pokéball. "W-wow! That was amazing! You might even be stronger than a Gym Leader! All right! Here you go, one spiffy pair of Roller Skates, just as I promised!"

She handed them to me, and I noticed that they actually did look pretty spiffy. 

"Listen up. I'll read you the instructions for your new pair of Roller Skates, okay?" I gave her a nod. "Our Roller Skates snap right onto any shoes so that you can glide your way around! That's all there is to it! So go on! It's your turn. Try gliding about like me!"

And there she goes. 

I snapped the Roller Skates onto my shoes just as she said to. I decided to give it a whirl, and my Pokémon stared at me in awe once they saw me go. The rush of the wind felt refreshing. A smile crept onto my face as I speeded up and twirled around. 

"Come on, guys!" I called as I skated off. "We have some training to do!"

~~~~~

Current Team

Gonyonyo the Whismur

Level: 11

Paired with Seviper

Nature: Sassy

Moves:

Pound

Echoed Voice

Astonish

Seviper

Level: 12

Paired with Gonyonyo

Nature: Docile

Item: Persim Berry

Moves:

Wrap

Poison Tail

Bite

Lick

Zigzagoon

Level: 8

Paired with Croagunk

Nature: Quirky

Moves:

Tackle

Growl

Tail Whip 

Croagunk

Level: 5

Paired with Zigzagoon

Nature: Timid

Moves:

Astonish

Mud-Slap