Chapter 18: Versant Road

After all that has happened in Lumoise, I knew it was time to move on. I entered the gate, and a weird feeling started to build up inside me. A small man with purple hair and a pink suit ran up to me. I immediately realized he was the source of this weird feeling. 

"Hey!" He exclaimed. "Nice to meet you, friend! They call me Mr. Bonding. Have you heard about O-Powers?"

I slowly shook my head.

"That expression of yours tells me you haven't! Don't worry--I'll tell you all about it," Mr. Bonding said. "O-Powers are mysterious forces that have all kinds of useful effects. They can make you Pokémon stronger or even help you get more money! Any friends you have nearby will also benefit from them. They truly are mysterious powers!"

I'd say...

"Let's ger started, shall we? It's bonding time!" He suddenly placed his hands on my shoulders, causing me to flinch.

I could feel my vision starting to blur, and my thoughts went all fuzzy. As soon I had gained grasp of reality again, I hurriedly looked around, but "Mr. Bonding" was gone. I nervously messed with my hair as I had one thought it my head at that moment. 

I'lll probably end up seeing him again. 

Still shaken from the ordeal, I exited the gate and walked out onto Route 5. I suddenly heard a growl.  A Lucario suddenly popped out of nowhere, making me jump. It was too close for my liking, and it was staring at me with its red eyes. I nervously shifted until I heard a new voice enter the area. 

"Wait! Lucario!!!" A girl with blonde hair wearing a Roller Skater outfit suddenly skated over with another Lucario tailing behind her. "Sorry about that! Are you okay?"

I gave her a nod. 

"I was doing some special training with my Lucario when all of a sudden it dashed off..." The girl explained. "Hey, Lucario! What's going on with you? Did you get drawn in by this girl's aura?"

It nodded quickly, still staring at me. 

"Huh. Well, it seems Lucario likes you!" She exclaimed. 

"You think so?" I asked her, tilting my head a little.

"See, Lucario can read people's auras. I guess something in your aura has made this one take a liking into a stranger!" The girl said. "This Lucario is always getting worked up in battle with my other one. Maybe it's just been waiting for a Trainer to appear who's strong enough to challenge it..."

She gazed off for a moment before she spoke again. 

"Oops, sorry! I was on such a roll, I forgot to even introduce myself!" She rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm Korrina, the Shalour City Gym Leader. If you're collecting Gym Badges, I'm sure we'll be battling sooner or later! I'll be looking forward to it. I hope you know how to roll with the punches!"

She rolled away, but the Lucario stayed behind for a few moments before running after its Trainer. I could feel a small smile creep onto my face as I began walking down the route. I ended up running through the tall grass to see what I could find, and a Pancham suddenly popped out! 

"Go on, Pizza!" I exclaimed as I sent her out. "Sleep Powder!"

Pizza scattered a cloud of sleep-inducing dust that made the Pancham quickly fall asleep. I went into my bag and shuffled around, searching for a possible ball to use. Finally, I came across a Great Ball. 

"Alright!" I shouted as I tossed the Great Ball at the sleeping Pancham. "Go, Great Ball!"

The Great Ball hit Pancham and zapped it inside. The usual three shakes went by, and I picked up ball. The Pancham was female, so I named her Oreo. As usual, the ball faded out of my hand as the all too familiar zap rang through my ears. 

Another zap quickly rang through my ears, and I saw that the Great Ball was replaced with a Quick Ball. It automatically opened, revealling a Goomy! It was so cute! As per usual, I scanned  the newcomer with my Pokédex. 

She was female, level 30, and had an Impish nature. I sent her to the PC and carried on trekking through Route 5. So far everything was going well, but I didn't want to jinx it just yet.  

~~~~~~~~

Current Team

Gonyonyo the Whismur

Level: 16

Paired with Seviper

Nature: Sassy

Moves:

Pound

Echoed Voice

Astonish

Return

Seviper

Level: 20

Paired with Gonyonyo

Nature: Docile

Moves:

Wrap

Venoshock

Bite

Lick

Zigzagoon

Level: 14

Paired with Croagunk

Nature: Quirky

Moves:

Tackle

Growl

Sand Attack

Headbutt

Croagunk

Level: 15

Paired with Zigzagoon

Nature: Timid

Moves:

Astonish

Mud-Slap

Poison Sting

Pursuit

Dustox

Level: 12

Paired with Pizza

Nature: Adamant

Moves:

Tackle

Infestation

Poison Sting

Confusion

Pizza the Gloom

Level: 28

Paired with Dustox

Nature: Bashful

Moves:

Stun Spore

Sleep Powder

Mega Drain

Lucky Chant

In the PC

Solosis

Level: 23

Nature: Hardy

Moves:

Snatch

Hidden Power

Light Screen

Charm

Goomy

Level: 30

Nature: Impish

Moves:

Bide

Dragon Breath

Rain Dance

Flail