- 7 -

a/n: this is going to be a chapter with heavy info, so get ready! prepare your brains to be filled up with lots of info.

[jungkook pov]

yoongi looked at me, curious about everything.

"how do you know she's different? did you know her from before?" he asked me.

i sighed deeply.

"what i'm going to tell you is all true, and please don't view me differently after i do tell you. taehyung is the only one among our friend group to know about this, because... well you'll know why. i'm telling you though, i'm different from before and i regret every ounce of what happened." i explained. i felt myself begin to sweat.

but i had to tell myself, this was for yoongi's safety.

"don't worry. just explain why she's like this?" he begged.

i nodded.

"there's going to be a lot of explaining before i get to her, are you up for it?" i asked him.

he seemed to hesitate, but he nodded immediately.

years and years ago...

---

before i moved to seoul to start attending school, i lived in busan. it wasn't as wealthy and high class as how it is now. which is why gangs were big there back then.

i was about six years old. my mom and dad didn't really have a good relationship. my mom got abused a lot by my dad because he was becoming a drunkard and wasn't home as much. he tended to use the money my mom earned from work for himself for all the alcohol he bought. my mom didn't really have a good job and didn't earn as much, so paying taxes and caring for me was so difficult.

due to this, i also didn't get to go to school, so i didn't understand many things.

back to my point about gangs, there were many sub-gangs in busan, but they all pretty much supporting the one main gang, also known as the one which the boss belonged in. the main gang was considered super powerful over the rest, but the reason they really are powerful, is well... because of the sub-gangs.

not knowing who they were and being just six years old, i began to idolize them because they were honestly the talk of the city at that time. many people around me kept on saying they were like... "protectors". at that point, i dreamt of being in the main gang, the one that the boss was in.

really though, they were terrible people, but how was i supposed to understand that at that age?

at this point, i ran away from my home. i thought that was probably best for my mom since she was stressing about me going to school and all that, when really that wasn't the best decision, but i didn't know it was wrong. i tried writing her a letter, but i didn't know how to write since i never went to school... so i just left without reasoning.

i had no skills for being in the gang, but just from walking around the streets alone, and being six years old, members of the busan gang found me. they took me in, and i just remember being so happy.

i remember their confused faces when they saw my happiness though. it seemed like they didn't know the city were viewing them as good people... and now being the age i am, i understand why they were confused, because why should i be happy about killing other people?