- 1 -

"hah! you're so pathetic. stop crying!" said one of the older kids in the playground.

a dark brown haired kid, shorter than the rest, was on the ground, hands dirty from the dirt that he collected.

"s-stop..." he mumbled very quietly.

one of the other kids then pushed him to the ground. he felt really weak, and did not want to stand up.

"HEY!" a loud yell boomed across from where they were. this time, a black haired kid was standing a few feet away from them. he had his arms crossed, and he had a face that screamed anger.

"stop bullying him, that's not right." he stated, and began walking towards the bullies, and the brown haired kid who was still on the ground, not trying to get up.

"and what if we don't?" they ask him. the black haired kid groaned, and turned towards the school, then pointed.

"i'll call a teacher, even better, the principal! bullying is bad, and you shouldn't do it for enjoyment. that's wrong." the black haired kid walked towards the brown haired kid, and offered his hand.

"let's go, away from these kids. they don't know how to use their time properly." the brown haired kid, at first, hesitated, but took the hand, tears still in his eyes that were continuing to fall down his plump cheeks.

the black haired kid walked along to a farther spot, away from the mean kids, and noticed a tight grip that the brown haired kid had. something about him just made him want to protect him.

"thank you..." the brown haired kid finally spoke.

"you're welcome. what they were doing was just terrible and childish. we're in 2nd grade. shouldn't we think a bit more smarter in our age?" he questioned. the brown haired kid nodded.

they stopped walking to find themselves at an empty bench, and they both sat down.

"i'm park jimin. i'm kind of new here..." jimin spoke very hesitantly, which made the black haired kid turn his head in interest.

"ah, jimin? nice to meet you! i'm min yoongi. i'll try my best to make you feel welcomed as best as i can! i hope we can be friends as long as possible, maybe for a lifetime!"

yoongi gave a warm smile towards jimin, and stuck his hand out again.

jimin took his hand, and gave a smile back, his eye smile slipping out with happiness.

---

[yoongi pov]

it was a few weeks until college. honestly, it was amazing how jimin and i have been best friends since 2nd grade. i always remember that moment we met, and it felt like we were destined to meet.

i just didn't want him to feel hurt anymore, so i promised my very best to make him feel as comfortable as possible as a person, inside and out.

at this point in life, it just seemed like everything was perfect.

was it really though?

"yoongi, you're not eating your ramen? it's going to be cold." jimin said across from me. we were both currently having a picnic at a nearby park near my apartment. my mom lived in daegu, while i lived in seoul.

"sorry, just thinking about things." i said, taking a bite of my noodles.

they were already cold... ugh.