~ Chapter One ~

*6 months later*

Leaning against the back of the elevator, I stared at the coffee cup in my hands, although I may have not been human, but for some reason I'd learned to appreciate the beverage, at this time in the morning anyways, maybe it was some sort of placebo effect, but it would make me feel more awake either way so I felt no need to ridding it from my regular routine. I looked towards one of the mirrors in the elevator, considering there was one either side of me, and I couldn't help but laugh a little to myself. Alex really did do a good job of making me look human, so much so that if I didn't actually get much sleep my appearance would come off that way and show itself as if I was tired.

"You really outdid the rest of them Alex..." I muttered, taking another sip before straitening out my outfit, it may not have looked TOO fitting for a detective job, but then again it didn't seem like there was some sort of strict uniform when it came to the others, so I followed suit using what I had made my own style.

The doors to the elevator opened and I walked towards my desk, putting my coffee on the table and taking a seat, my hand turning on the computer and accessing it to see if it would say if there was any kind of case I had to do at this point, thoug...

The doors to the elevator opened and I walked towards my desk, putting my coffee on the table and taking a seat, my hand turning on the computer and accessing it to see if it would say if there was any kind of case I had to do at this point, though I couldn't see anything currently. 

I ran a hand through my now black hair, previously it had been blonde, but considering I didn't want anything to risk finding me or figuring out I was an android I changed my hair now to a darker colour to take people off the track as much as possible. It too had become longer by choice, as most androids seemed to have shorter hair it seemed to be a better option, although as it could get in the way at work I would more often then not pin it in a high ponytail, still leaving my bangs to fall over my ear however, as a creature comfort almost.

I paused, noticing someone's hand move to my desk, well it was more slammed down. I rose my eyebrow, looking towards who the hand belonged to, immediately starting to feel my eyes narrowing in annoyance. "Gavin..." I said, more or less having to bite my tongue from getting incredibly irritated by him, then again just his presence seemed to be the cause of that.

Alex had told me once that hate was a strong word...

And hate is the exact word I'd use for my feelings towards him.

"Guess who you're going to working with today, you were specifically requested..." He said, smirking down towards me, it honestly made me feel sick, if that was even possible.

"You have to be kidding me..." I muttered, taking another sip of the coffee, I could barely taste it properly, or like a human would, but I still felt like I needed it if I was going to be putting up with HIM all day. I leaned against the back of my chair, looking up at him, eyes narrowed and my brow furrowed. "Great, so I have to deal with you all day?" I said.

He nodded, "Aww don't look so down about it, I'm not that awful am I?" He said, sitting down on the spare space on my desk, "Come on.. It'll be fun, a nice homicide for the both of us..."