Chapter 17: Cream Stew

Ruki's P.O.V

About ten minutes later the greenhouse door burst open and Lucy came out furious. I was confused, why had she been so angry? Before she had been sad but now- "Lucy!" Rin came out with a small red handprint on his left cheek. Making me let out a small smirk. She finally had the guts to fight back?

"Oh you pervert, did you really think that after breaking my heart that I would give that to you? I never did and never will. I can't believe I fell for you." She said before she marched off. I followed her. She ended up walking to her apartment, which had been a solid two blocks away. As we got in front of her apartment she calmed down. "Is cream stew okay?" I nodded.

" Yeah"

Twenty Minutes Later

I sat on the couch while Lucy had been cutting some of the vegetables for the stew. We had been getting to know each other as she cooked which actually felt better. "So you are telling me that you once lived in a large estate?" I asked in surprise. She nodded her head. 

"But I left home." She had left home...why?

"Why?" She gasped making me look at her only to see her walking from behind the counter and near the kitchen sink. She had been holding tightly to her finger. The main thing that detracted me had been the sweet aroma. I tried to ignore it but it had been hard.

Lucy's P.O.V

I guess I was not paying attention and cut my finger. I turned on the faucet but before I could rinse off my finger Ruki grabbed it and looked at it causing me to gasp. "Ruki-san-" I gasped as I felt his grip tighten. What was he about to do? He pulled my finger near his face.

"No wonder you two were so similar."

"Huh?" He pulled me close to him making me blush. He was hugging me. This was rare but- I felt a sharp piercing pain in my neck causing me to cringe.  

Soon he quickly pulled away from me and looked at me. There I had seen what I assumed had been my blood dripping from his fangs. Wait a minute, FANGS!