Chapter 22: Her Secret

Ruki's P.O.V

For the rest of the day we went to many places in the resort but the event that happened before we didn't speak about. I was fine about it since I didn't have to answer her question about what happened and why I moved so close to her. It was fine as well since we had fun being together. For someone who at one point of the time hated me, she didn't seem to mind me. Neither did I mind her.

As soon as night hit we decided to go to the greenhouse. To my surprise, it was beautiful. The thing I had been wondering was how was she going to pick the next plant we needed. I had been staring at a plant when Lucy grabbed my hands. "Ruki-san, there is something I wanted to show you." I arched a brow.

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise, follow me." I allowed her to pull me. As soon as I caught a glimpse of the many beautiful lights my eyes widened. "Every year the resort holds a light show from October all the way to May."

"Its amazing" She nodded.

"It is" I let out a small smile as we continued to walk down the trail. As I felt her try to pull her hand away I looked at her only to see her staring at me.

  "Ruki-kun" I couldn't help but feel my heart race and everything I have been trying to ignore for the past couple of months reveal itself. I stopped her.

"Lucy I..."

Lucy's P.O.V

Ruki looked to be frustrated. I was worried about what had been wrong with him. Was he okay? I knew he had something to say but he couldn't get it out. I blushed as we made eye contact. His eyes were warm, his cheeks red, it was cute. Seeing him clustered had always been cute. "I.."

"You like her don't you?" That voice sounded so familiar. My eyes widened. It couldn't have been.

"Rin" Ruki said but his expression remained emotionless. It was fearful. I looked in the direction of the voice to see that Rin had been here. He had a smirk on his face. A dangerous one indeed. One that I haven't seen since the day we met.

"I allowed for you to go on the trip with him because I thought that you wouldn't fall for his bullshit but I guess I was wrong." Rin cursed, he never curses. He must have been furious.

"Rin"

"Are you not going to tell him?" My eyes widened.

"Tell me what?" I looked at Ruki to see his piercing gaze. I was afraid to tell him, especially when he had been in this mood.

"Your partner and I are dating again." His eyes widened before they returned to that same coldness that he had when I first met him.

"Good to hear." He pulled out his wallet and handed me forty dollars. "It's my turn to buy the plant, isn't it?" I didn't know what to do.

"Ruki-kun you don't have to-"

"It's fine also you and...Rin can share the room. I will be booking another one for tonight and meet you in the lobby in the morning." He walked away from us. I felt horrible. He went back to his older and cold version of himself, something that I didn't like. It was as if he didn't trust me, I knew why but at the same time, I hated it. I felt an arm go around my shoulder. I looked at the owner to see Rin with a large smile on his face.

"A room to ourselves for tonight. I guess dreams really do come true." He wasn't the man who I fell in love with. Nor was he the man who I wanted.