11) Hold

The six had managed to keep it somewhat cool as they walked outside to get into the van. However, when the doors shut behind them, there was no holding back.

"What in actual hell were you thinking?" Namjoon spat at Yoongi.

"I was trying to save that idiot's ass—that's what I was thinking," Yoongi replied just as hastily.

"Oh, so you think you're some kind of hero now? Putting us all in danger like that?" Namjoon continued to berate him.

"We're not in any danger. She's harmless," Yoongi retorted.

"How do you know that?" Taehyung interjected, less angry and more worried than Namjoon was.

"I know it," Yoongi curtly responded, turning his head away from the rest of the boys and looking angrily out the window. He could hear the faint sobs of Jungkook, who had practically already checked out at this point, the hostility between the members far too much for him to handle.

"Great answer. Very comforting. I feel like nothing could possibly go wrong now." Namjoon's sarcastic remark bit under Yoongi's skin. He turned his head back to him—ready to throw some shade his way, ready to explain himself.

"I did what everyone else was afraid to do. If I would have brought the idea up, the rest of you would have shut it down for sure. You would have been too scared of the consequences... You want to know something—no matter what I would've done, there would still be this fear. Fear of either getting exposed for who we are now, or fear of losing our friend, our brother. You can act like I did this in haste or in stupidity, but I did what I needed to do to buy us some more time," Yoongi explained.

"Buy us some more time until what?" Namjoon was still fuming, the response obviously not calming any of the anger he was holding inside. 

"More time to think about this. More time to prevent the inevitable."

"What—do you think that Jimin dying is inevitable?" Namjoon scoffed, so utterly appalled by Yoongi's attitude.

"Well, what else am I supposed to think?"

"Do you even care at all, you heartless bastard?" Namjoon spat back. 

"Fuck you. You're only looking at this from your perspective. I tried to explain myself, but obviously, you're not willing to listen correctly." 

"Don't tell me what I'm doing. I know very well what your intentions were. You wanted an easy solution. You wanted a thoughtless solution. You wanted it to all go away. You were selfish. Now we have an even bigger mess to clean up—all thanks to you and your stupidity."

Yoongi's fist was raised, but Hoseok would not let something like that happen.

"Alright, enough," Hoseok asserted forcefully, a hand wrapped tightly around Yoongi's wrist, which was on a direct path toward Namjoon's face. "You two are being ridiculous. Acting like actual children."

"Hoseok is right," Jin added. "I can't believe you are fighting like this. We shouldn't be attacking each other. It's not right. We have to be with each other or this mess will only get worse. We will never make it through this if we are not on the same team."

"What kind of team is that exactly?" Namjoon growled.

"The team that wants for Jimin to be happy and healthy, and the team that wants to protect all seven of us. That's the team. We can figure something out so that both are manageable goals. But for now, what's done is done. You need to let go of this anger. You are helping no one right now," Jin ordered.