Chapter 7

Dedicated to vampireluv because she gave me the motivation for this Chapter. :)
.................

Jace woke up to things crashing to the floor all around the room. He tried to see what was making the mess and saw something moving frantically under the blanket that was now in the middle of the room.

When he looked closer he saw a silver-gray tail stick out. Right away he went forward frantically and pulled the blanket off. Julia had a chunk of it in her mouth, biting onto it as you would clench your teeth if you were in pain. Her body was writhing and tense.

She noticed Jace and let go of the blanket as he continued to pull it. Jace pulled Julia into his arms and rubbed her back.

"What were you doing? Why were you biting down on the blanket?" he asked.

'Trying to turn human and I didn't want you to hear me scream in pain when I turned human.'

"What?!"

'I can't help Jace if I can't turn human! I need to be human. You need a true werewolf mate.'

"Julia, I told you to not rush it. Your time will come. Even if it never comes I'll still love you just the way you are."

'Then I won't do this for you. I want to do this for me. This, you have to let me do it on my own. No one can teach me how to turn human.'

"Julia..." Jace stayed quiet.

'Are you mad?'

"No, just surprised." He inhaled. "Ok I will agree to it, but you can only do it when I'm around. I don't want you to be in pain alone with no one to stop you if it hurts too much to stop."

'Okay.'

"Do you want to continue?"

'I want to turn human, not crazy. I'm too tired and that was enough pain for one day.'

"That's what I was thinking. And another thing I was thinking was if you wanted to go visit your old pack."

'Yes, yes, yes, yes! I love you so much!' Julia jumped around and gave Jace kissed. It was as if all her energy came back.

"Okay, let's go."

'You can't turn wolf though. The silver will spread.'

"Okay if that's what you want." Jace opened the door.

Jace led her the same direction he ran that day they first met. Soon the smell of her old pack was everywhere and she felt the joy of going back to a home that was once hers.

The pack was hunting, so Jace and Julia just watched from a distance. They followed as the wolves ran in and tracked their prey down. Julia remembered the thrill of hunting. Your heart raced as you run, and when you latch onto the leg of a deer everything seem to go in slow motion. When the deer falls to the ground, the rest of the pack pounces onto it and take their fair share if meat.

'It feels like I was never in their pack. But I know I was.' Julia said. 'It's like they are a total different family than the one I knew.'

She felt that way because the pack didn't seem to be excited when they noticed her. It was just as if they acknowledged her presence. That was all, but their reaction to her didn't bother her much. She understood that they had no time for a welcoming party. they had to hunt for food or they'd all be hungry.

'Come on, let's go now.' Julia said and Jace could feel her smile.

"Okay."

On their way back everything seemed more clear to Julia. It never occurred to her before, but she will never be able to go back to her old life. Usually, this feeling would make a person sad, but Julia felt content. Where ever takes her she will go there as long as Jace will go with her.

Something rustling in the grass off to the side made both Jace and Julia stop in their tracks. Jace told Julia to stay put through mind link and went forward slowly.

He sniffed the air and it smelled like Nate and Rei. That made him less tense as he pulled the tree branches away to reveal what was making the noise.

He was a little surprised to see that Nate and Rei were actually there. Rei was sitting on Nate's lap and they seemed like they were about to kiss, but was interrupted by Jace.

"Ah....." Jace didn't know what to say.

"H-hello..." Rei said blushing.

Nate just sat there with a blank face.

"So..." Jace got ready to turn away and let them be.

"Wait! The truth is, we're mates." Rei got off of Nate and sat down next to him instead.

"And you were mates since when?"

"The year if the hunter attack. Just before the attack we found out." Rei looked ashamed.

"Well, why are you looking ashamed for?" Jace said as Julia walked over to have a look.

"W-well, we are both guys, you know?" Rei said and Nate nodded.

"So? Am I supposed to be bothered by it and tear you two apart? Not only are you two mates, but you two are in love right? If I was a girl, Julia would have still fallen for me and I for her. Why have you two been hiding for so long?" Jace laughed.

"J-Jace..." Rei started tear up and ran to give Jace a hug.

"Thanks Jace. I've been trying to get Rei to come out of his shell for years." Nate said and got up and went over to give Jace and Rei a group hug.

'Rei and Nate are mates? Two guys can fall in love with each other?' Julia seemed confused.

'It's still love right? So there is nothing wrong with it.' Jace told Julia through the mind link.

Rei and Nate gave Julia a hug next and then they all walked back to the pack city together.

The two guys had left Raina alone at home because she refused to get out and soon fell asleep. They told Jace and Julia that Miranda was having a therapy session, so that was why they both decided to go out.

They were so excited about finally agreeing to make their pairing public that Rei made Nate give him a piggy back ride all the way until they got home. Jace and Julia followed and planned to tell the whole group that Julia was now attempting to turn human. Both pairs were excited about something and when they got to Rei's house, Raina was awake and about.

"I knew something was up with you two anyway. Haha. Nate always come into your bedroom and sleep claiming that he just wants the next volume to a manga series." Raina laughed and snorted.

"And congrats Julia! Trying to turn human. So exciting. You know, the first time I turned wolf, it hurt so bad, but now the pain was worth it."

They all hung out and later Miranda joined in. She seemed to be better than before. She told them that she was getting better too. The previous event was just triggered by the sudden rush of memories. She would only be taking the therapy lessons for a few weeks and she will be fine.

"Anyone can heal from an injury. Whether it's physical or emotional. I think it just takes time. Plus, Brian would have wanted me to stay happy and live my life." Miranda fell asleep on the couch as everyone else went off to Rei's room to talk some more.

................