Big Dogs or Porch?

1973
--------------------
Conrad:
--------------------
We all regroup, Marlow trying his best to calm down. Ricky shakes with anger when she sees Packard. She remains silent, making me wonder what is going on in her mind.

"Now look, Colonel. You may out rank me... but I've been here a hell a lot longer. And I'm telling you... that thing there that just shredded us was only the first of them...Now we are on their turf... And we need to turn back! Toot sweet." Shouts Marlow, losing his cool.

"Not as long as Chapman still out there." Packard declares, glaring at Marlow.

"I'm Sorry, Colonel Packard...Chapman is dead." I whisper, holding up the dog tag I collected.

Silence falls over the group. Packard glares at me. Ricky steps right next to me, her face burning with anger. Packard glares at her too. I put my hand down, while Ricky takes a step closer to Packard.

"Doesn't change a thing. We're still going to that crash site." Packard states, earning confused and angry stares.

"What's at that crash site that you want so badly?" I ask.

"Weapons! Enough to kill it." Packard shouts.

"Kong didn't kill Chapman." I inform, but Packard holds up a handful of dog tags.

"But It did kill these men! My men!" He yells, looking at me and then Ricky.

"You can't kill Kong, Colonel. Kong is God on this island. He's the only thing keeping them lizard things in the ground." Marlow says, voice shakey and eyes glassy.

"He's right, Colonel. We can't kill Kong. And that other creature? That's the threat. And there are more of them down here. If you take away that species' natural competition they will proliferate out of control." Brooks pipes in, his voice croaky.

He shocks me with his bravery.

"Then we will end them too! After we bring this thing down." Packard shouts, not realizing how stupid of a plan that is.

I look at Ricky, one hand is behind her back. I take a step back to see. She has a knife, and I get a very bad feeling. If she kills Packard, there's no way she'll be allowed to come home with us.

-------------------
Ricky:
-------------------
I pull out my knife, hiding it behind my back. Packard needs to be dealt with, before he gets everyone killed.

"I can not let you do that, Colonel." Yells Marlow, drawing his sword.

Everyone is yelling, and I take a small step closer to Packard. Guns point at me, and James puts one hand on my shoulder and the other goes up to say stop

"Wait! Hold your fire!" He yells.

Packard knocks the Katana from Marlow's hands. His gun strikes his stomach, causing him to collapse.

"This is one war, we're not gonna lose." Shouts Packard.

"It's nuts! You hear me? This is nuts!" Marlow shouts, I lunge forward slashing with my knife.

James catches me around the waist. I continue to slash, trying to land a fatal blow. James hoists me backwards. I thrash in his arms, kicking and screaming.

"You're going to kill all of your men!" I shout.

"Please! You need to listen to us!" Squeaks San, Pakard trains his gun at her.

"We are not at war, Colonel. You are making a mistake." Growls Brooks, stepping in front of her.

I continue to try and get free. Without thinking, I throw my head back, hitting James in the face. A second later, I'm let go only to be held back by Slivko.

"Your lies got my men killed!" Packard yells.

"And you're gonna get us all killed." Snaps Mason.

James is holding his nose with one hand, and pulls his sister away with his other.

"Not our fight." He murmurs, his nose starting to bleed.

"Whose side are you on, Captain?" Asks Packard, I stop fighting to see.

"Okay, Colonel. You will find your Sea Stallion 3 clicks off that ridge. Now, I'm gonna take these civillians back to the boat. And we wait for you there. Alright?" James gestures, putting his hands up.

"Gah!" I scream, starting to thrash again.

This time my target is James.

"Saddle up! Let's go kill this thing! Steve... You running with the big dogs or are you staying on the porch?" Packard asks the blue-jacket guy.

"I don't wanna be on the porch." Mutters 'Steve', heading off after Packard.

Slivko puts me down, and I glare at him. He hesitates, before heading off.

"You going with your boyfriend?" I jab at Mason.

Tears well in her eyes, and she stands. James goes to speak, but stops himself. Mason follows Slivko, and I spit on the ground after them.

"Marlow, You okay?" Asks James, helping him up.

"We need to stop him." Voices Marlow.

"You want to go at him about it agian? He seemed really good for it first time." I snap, glaring at James.

"He is losing his grip." James says, looking at me.

"What were you thinking, holding me back?" I growl, wanting to fight him some more.

"I didn't want you to get hurt." James sighs.

"Yeah? Well now, everyone (including me) is going to die." I snap, pushing him in the chest.

"Ricky, it's enough. You broke his nose, now we need to keep moving." Marlow barks, ordering me around.

I walk off in a huff.