X = 10/2 (if you don't want to do math during summer...It's part 5)

Guess what peasants...I mean wonderful people...I got an idea rather sooner than I expected (like a lot sooner than I expected). So I'm here. Back again. Does anyone actually read these descriptions? Yeah I thought not...Anyway...How are you? I'm writing during the summer so I hope you're good (and better than me). Maybe I'll get more ideas now (yeah I probably just jinxed it) and if you have any ideas/suggestions what I should write about feel free to tell me (like honestly, I will gladly use your idea and credit you). Well onto this emotional mess...I should have mentioned this at the start but SPOILERS! Like if you don't want this wonderful book series spoiled don't read this...

The story behind this: After 'In The Afterlight' as the gang left to the unknown, they end up driving to Virginia beach and just enjoy their day there...((I also realized that this is my first oneshot set after the original story...anyway))

********************

Ruby 

I planned to close my eyes for only a second, but I ended up falling fully asleep. It was nice to get away, just for a bit, not having to worry about getting sent back to a camp or dying. I got something right this time. Before my eyes fluttered open I thought about how I first joined Chubs, Zu and Liam.

The Black Betty had jerked to the right sending me flying through the car. Liam and Chubs had completely different expressions. Liam was surprised with his mouth hanging open almost comically and Chubs, well Chubs looked like he wanted me dead. 

Then I thought about me and Liam at East River before everything went to shit, how he played as if he didn't know me, how he carried me to the cabin we were at, how we escaped together. After that I thought about how Chubs got shot, how incredibly overjoyed I was to see him after being with the league. Then Zu, how that sweet girl saved us from the white noise, how she told us she was leaving and how we found her again and how she found her voice. Of course Vida as well, how she helped me, warned me not to get stabbed again...

When I lost Sam at Thurmond I thought I'd never let any other person get close to me. I never thought I'd make friends, I thought I'd stay silent until I die, which in Thurmond could have been any day. Yet, here I was. Feeling more alive then before and people who were as close, if not closer, than family. 

Just as I opened my eyes we stopped. I looked around. We were at a road, buildings - no hotels - streched high above the gground and along the road separating us from a beach. I was almost 90% sure where we were. Virginia Beach.

While I was admiring the beautiful view everyone had gotten out of the car. My door came open to reveal Liams tanned face. "You okay darlin'?" he asked taking my hand to help me out of the car. At that percise moment it dawned on me that if it weren't for his decision to let me stay in Betty until he could drop me off at a nearby bus station then I wouldn't be here. "Whats wrong?" he asked wiping a tear from my cheek.

"I-I-I...Thank you," I told him bringing my arms around him, "for everything."

"It's alright Ruby Tuesday. We should be thanking you, now let's enjoy a beach day. What do you say?"

I nodded shooting him a smile which he returned. That day I was wearing a light green dress and Zu had handed me her sunglasses. Once we finally got to the beach Chubs and Liam stayed near the shore, as they were divas, playing volleyball while me, Vida and Zu went into the ocean. 

I watched how Liam and Chubs played. Liam was better (acording to me, because Vida thought they were both equally shit at the game). Once we got bored of their failed attempts Vida and I joined Zu in swimming around. It was difficult to remeber how to swim but once I got used to the movements it became easier. Thats when I got hit by a volleyball. Liam immediatly rushed up towards me asking me if I was okay. I just laughed. Liam seriously was an Olympic God when it came to sports. I let Liam carry me out of the sea, despite the initial protests.