• FIFTY-THREE •

A Week Later

I feel the covers being ripped off my body then kisses my forehead saying "come on baby up"

I groan sitting up rubbing my eyes look at the clock replying "Kyle is 6:30, get outta here"

I lay back down throwing the pillow over my head as he tells me "you said you were gonna work out with me today come on let's go"

I sit up looking at him,  don't like to fall back on my word I get out of bed going into the closet responding "it's to early for this"

I could hear his laughter from our room as I stand in the closet brushing out my hair as he says "I'm trying to get this body looking right for my bachelor party"

I roll my eyes throwing my hair up in a bun changing into something for this early ass work out.

I walk out of the closet while I throw on a hoodie saying "alright let's get to it"

Within twenty minutes we end up in Malibu stretching with Kyles trainer once we finish his trainer replies "alright I want you guys to sprint up this sand hill and I'll wait for y'all right here"

Kyle tells him "your gonna have us start like that"

I start taking off my shoes responding "what Kyle can't take the heat, what happened to the steal of the draft"

He laughs saying "do you know who your talking to, your looking at a work class athlete baby"

I reply "then shut yo mouth and prove it"

His trainer tells us "alright kids relax get ready in three, two, one"

The both of start running up the hill as his trainer yells at us "let me see that hustle"

Kyle comes really close to me shoving me slightly responding "come on baby you getting tired on me"

I shove him sprinting up the rest of the hill and as soon as I reach the top I start running down his trainer yells "let's go, let's go"

We both make it to the bottom at the same time I exhale looking up catching my breath as his trainer says "woah a photo finish guys good hustle"

I take a sip of my water then reply "can we get some squats in"

His trainer nods telling us "I want the two of you to line up your knees the best you can and hold hands"

I look up at Kyle as he smiles responding "ooooo we're holding hands"

I laugh as his trainer says "alright love birds now I want you guys to count together"

Kyle and I start

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

After we do five sets his trainer has me continue doing jump squats while Kyle was doing push-ups, as I do my jumping jacks KyKy does sit ups. As I finish my set I go over to Kyles bag grabbing my water bottle chugging it his trainer says "Selena help out Kyle"

I go over to Kyle getting down putting my knees on toes and my hands on knees replying "come on KyKy you've got this"

He starts doing sit ups again after awhile he begins grunting I tell him "there you go Kyle keep it up"

••••

We pull up to our house to see a moving van in the front Kyle asks "do you know what all of this is about"?

I shake my head answering "not a clue"

Kyle opens my door I slip on my hoodie he grabs my hand helping me down from the car we enter our house to see boxes by the door and just everywhere. I yell "Momma, que es todo esto" (what's all this)

My mom comes out of the kitchen wearing a dirty apron she says "you guys are home, come in here"

We follow them into the kitchen sitting on stools I reply "what's going on it looks like the two of you have been busy"

My dad tells me "so me and your mom came up with this"

The two of them start setting down plates of food in front of us Kyle responds "woah these look great"

My mom says "comer,comer" (eat,eat)

I grab a fork along with Kyle and everything tasted amazing and my dad replies "okay so your Uncle Tino offered me and your mom an apartment at the building he owns til we could get back on our feet"

As I chew my food my mom tells us "and it's close to the new restaurant we're opening"

I start choking on my food Kyle starts patting my back I respond "what"?

My dad has the biggest smile on his face saying "we're gonna open up the restaurant again"

The whole time the cleaned up they were explaining to Kyle and I they're game plan on getting this restaurant up and running. I could tell that the two of them were beyond excited for this new beginning I lean against the door as Kyle stands behind me with his arms around my waisted we watch my parents leave my mom waves from the car. I exhale leaning into Kyles chest I tell him "I can't believe that they're leaving"

He responds "me either but they're pumped man"

I nod saying "I know I'm just a little sad"

I look up at him as he kisses my forehead replying "don't worry they're doing good kid, they're doing good"