Chapter seven

Lea's POV

I wake up expecting to go to work, but then its sunday, and i have no plans. "Wearing a sweater and short shorts is the best to sleep in" I say to myself feeling comfy. I get out of bed and go straight to the kitchen and make coffee in my keurig. When it's done i sit in my chair snuggled up holding my mug and turn on the tv. I watch Grey's Anatomy, my favorite show and scroll through my phone.

*Beep beep,* i check my messages.

Cory:

Do you want to hang out today? I get off work at 1?

As soon as i read the message butterflies filled my stomach and i smiled immediatly.

Me:

Sure, do you want to just want to come the my house and hang out?

I waited anxiously for an answer.

Cory:

Sounds great i will be over soon :)

I smiled and checked the time. 10. I shut off the tv and went to my room. Behind my bed on the wall are pictures, and my eyes went immediatly to one of me and my mom. I miss her so much. I lay on my bed and dial her number.

"Hello sweetie how are you? I miss you!" She says.

"Im good mom, i have a great job and a friend."

"Well tell me about your job and this friend."

"Well work is great i actually have a job and i get to design clothes officially! Right now im working on a comfy indie look for teens. And my friend." I stopped and smiled. "His name is Cory and he is my first friend i made here. He is so cute and sweet mom, i think i like him, a lot." I could tell she was smiling through the phone.

"well that is good honey, i hope i can meet him someday, now tell me about LA."

I began to tell her about the beautiful sights and how everything is bigger and better here. As we continued to talk i lost track of time and soon i heard a knock at the door.

"Okay mom i have to go, I love you bunches and we will talk soon."

"Okay honey i love you to stay safe and call me soon."

I hung up and walked to the door still wearing a sweater and shorts.

"Hello Lea!" Cory greeted me wearing a green and grey hoodie with jeans, he looked comfy. He had a picnic basket in his hands

"Hi Cory." I said lettinng him in. "So can you just chill here for a while because i was going to shower before you came but i called my mom and lost track of time and i was going to go shower now is that okay?"

"Yeah go ahead, i will just watch tv or something, okay?"

"Okay.' i said as he sat on the couch and i went to the shower.

Cory's POV

I put on spongebob and soon got bored so i switched through the channels. At one point there was a silence when the tv was switching channels and i heard something from the shower.

I got up from the chair and walked to the shower. I heard Lea singing to music. It was playing Like Real People Do by Hozier. I was shocked by the sound of her voice. It was so strong and beautiful, i didn't know she could sing. I sat by the door and listened to her beautiful voice sing until i heard the water turn off, i got up quietly and ran to the chair.

Lea's POV

I walked out of my room after i was dressed and my hair was dried. I had on leggings and a tee shirt. I saw a picnic blanket in the middle of my living room floor with little snacks and wine. I smiled and walked over to the blanket and sat beside Cory.

"I thought this would be a cute thing to do." He said smiling.

"Thanks Cory, and it is cute." I said, his smile got bigger.

We began to eat the cute snacks he made and drink the wine.

"So i heard you singing in the shower." Cory said, i looked at the ground embarrassed.

"Its okay Lea, you have an amazing voice, why dont you sing at all?"

I felt the tears fill my eyes but i held them back. I cant cry in front of him, i waited a second for my eyes to dry.

"I used to only sing to my brother, he would always be in front of me smiling and clapping, i would only sing to him. And now if i sing he isnt there in front of me smiling. It is really rare if i sing in the shower, i dont know what made me do it today." I said, still holding back the tears.

"Lea, dont stop singing because he isnt physically here, he is mentally here and that is all the matters. Just because you dont see him smile when you are singing doesnt mean he isnt smiling down on you. He obviously loved to hear you sing, dont you think he misses it? So why stop? Start to sing again, but do it for him." Cory said, i just nodded my head yes feeling a little better.

"Cory what time is it?" I asked him when i realized i left my phone in my room.

"6:14, why?"

"Nothing, but i will be right back, i have to um go-go get my phone so i will be-be back." I said as i got up.

Cory's POV

When Lea left she sounded so weird, like she wanted to hide something. I got up and quietly went to her room, i passed the bathroom on my way there. She was in there, I hid my body but i watched her, she put the pill in her mouth and swallowed, taking a drink of water after. I walked back to the blanket, so confused, i knew she already took the pills, but she is so full of life, how does she need those pills? I understand if it's about her brother, but how does she hide it so well. I wish i could just help her because i want to make her happy and help her get better, because she deserves it. Helping her would help me to, maybe i can become something better than i am now, because i love Lea and i need to prove it to her." Yeah, I love her." I said to myself smiling.
.
.
.
Hi guys sorry it took so long for the update but here is the question

What is your favorite musical band or artist.

My favorite band is The Beatles and I
like One Direction
But my favorite artist is Lea 😊

So I hope you like this chapter bye love you

XOXO-Courtney