Chapter Eleven

Lea's POV
My doorbell rang, that's what woke me up. It is six in the morning, today is my last day off of work. I had a big white sweater on and short shorts. I yawned as I rubbed my fingers through my hair, walking to the door. "Hi honey!" My mom shouts as I open the door. "Uhm, hi mom." I wasn't expecting her to be here, she didn't even tell me. I moved aside and let her in. She had a small suitcase with her. "I hope you don't mind I just wanted to come visit you and everything, how are you?" she set down her suitcase and hugged me. "Mom keep your voice down." I said motioning my head to the couch. "Oh my is he here?" She whisper shouted. "Yes mom. He was staying in his car because he doesn't have a house anymore since he quit dealing. I felt bad so I let him stay here." I told her confused, and frustrated. She walked closer to the back if the couch to see his face. "Mmm" she hummed. "He's cute" she smiled. I smiled too, "yeah he is, but I'm just not ready to commit after everything that happened", I said, moving her away from the couch and into the kitchen, she sat on a barstool as I went into the bathroom to take one of my pills. After I took the pill I went into my room and removed my phone from the charger, bringing it with me to the kitchen.
When I walk out, my mom is talking to Cory at the kitchen table. "There you are Lea." My mom said as Cory had a big smile on his face. "Hi Lea." Cory said. "Hi Cory, did you sleep okay?" I asked him sitting down at the table. "I slept good, thanks for letting me stay." he said, I smiled at him to let him know that him staying was no bother. "Well I'm hungry, how about I make some breakfast!" My mom said getting up from the table and heading to the fridge. "That sounds great" Cory answered her."
We all sat at the table for about three hours. We ate eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage, and toast. My mom talked about anything and made Cory and I laugh. It was fun to get to see this side of Cory, a very fun, honest side.
"I have an idea." Cory said enthusiastically. "What?" my mom and I said at the same time. "Let's walk around LA. We have been in this house for a while, we should get out and show you around." He told us. "That would be great Cory!" she said, my mom was so excited for some reason. I knew she really liked Cory, which for some reason made me like him even more.

Cory's POV

We all walked together for another five hours. Looking at anything interesting. I saw things I never saw in LA before, but the most beautiful thing I saw today was Lea. It is hard to be just friends with her.  I need to be here for her, I can tell her sadness is eating her soul. She will smile for a second and disappear as fast as lightning. Like she had no reason to smile in the first place.

Lea's POV

Days passed and soon, my mom's trip home arrived. "I love you mom, see you soon." I told her, we hugged even longer. being with my mom throughout the week made me realize how much I had missed her, but how much I had grown. "I love you to Lea, I will miss you so much, but please know honey. I love you so, so, so, much. You are so beautiful and talented. Please be safe here." My mom said, crying. It was odd, seeing my mom cry over a small goodbye. She doesn't usually cry as much, she knows she will see me soon, but she is acting like it will be forever.
She then hugged me and whispered in my ear, "make the right choice with Cory honey. In my opinion, he is a winner, but of course I want you to be happy." She kissed my cheek and pulled away from the hug. "Okay Cory now give me a hug" she said giving him a hug. I wasn't expecting him to be here with me, but I didn't want to drive to the air port alone. Cory and my mother hugged, they said goodbye and then she left. We watched her walk into the airport till she was gone. Gone.