Chapter Six

Cory's POV

"And i will have the ceasar salad, please." Lea said, handing the waitress her menu. I had taken her to a fancy restuarant called Oracle. It is based on a Greek titan who was seen as a messenger to gods and could answer questions of the future. Or at least that is what the hostess said. Lea seemed very interested in it.

"So where do you work?" Lea asks sitting back in her chair. I really didn't know what to say. I cant tell her the truth and i didnt want to lie.

"I just do some work for my friend's company, it is good pay, so it works for now. But eventually i want to leave the business and succeed in something higher." I say, not saying the full truth and not lying, so it works out.

"What do you do, and dont just say an intern, because i know that. But what do you actually do?"I ask Lea. She smiled and took a deep sigh, prepairing to talk.

"Well today i got a message from the boss saying i am no longer an intern, i got an actual job. They want me to design some clothes for the company!" She said very excited.

"Well congradulations!" I told her. "Now will you excuse me for a moment?" I asked standing up and she nods her head yes.

I walked outside the resturant because i realized i was getting a phone call. It was my brother Shaun.

"Hey Bro!" He shouts through the phone.

"I cant talk now, im on a date."

"Ohh, my brother is finally growing up. Well i just wanted to say that we are having lunch tomorrow, because we need to catch up. You in?" He asks, i look through the window and see Lea. She was touching up her makeup while looking through a small mirror.

"Okay, just text me where and when, i will be there." I said and hung up immediatly. I walked back to my seat and began talking to Lea.

Lea's POV

Cory and i had a long conversation about hockey and other sports. I told him about how i used to do track and field, and he told me about his love for hockey. When the conversation was done our food had arrive, during dinner we shared small conversations saying "This is good food" and "Yum".

By the end of our dinner we were silent, not an awkward silence.

"Lea?" Cory said breaking the silence, i looked up from my phone and locked it.

"Yeah?" I asked him.

"When you were getting ready i looked at your pictures, and one stuck out to me. There was you, and this little boy, he was sick. W-who was he?" He asked me.

I looked down at my hands, fiddling with them, he could tell i was nervous.

Cory's POV

"He was my brother, he was two years younger than i was. We were so close and did everything together. In the picture i was 16 about to turn 17 and he was 15. He got diagnosed with kidney cancer about three months before. He started to get more and more pain, so we took him in to get checked, and the cancer spread. It took over his liver and heart. He died two days after that picture was taken. August 29 2010, my birthday. I havn't celebrated a birthday since. He was to sick and he couldn't be saved. I stayed with him everynight, i never left. When he left i haven't been the same since, i just feel like i am missing half of me." Lea said, she tried very hard not to cry, i could tell by the way she acted.

"I am so sorry Lea." Was all I could say. Even though she heard it all before.

"Its fine Cory, I wish you could have met him though, you would have got along so well. You remind me of him so much." She said

"Do you want to go on a walk?" I ask her. She nods her head yes. I pay the bill when Lea goes to the bathroom.

"So where are we going?" she asks me.
"Where do you want to go?" She looked around at her surroundings "the park?" She asks. I smile and then we walk towards the park.
.
.
.
.

"I had a great time Cory, thank you." "Your welcome Lea and I hope we can do it again soon." I said walking her up to her door. "I never opened up to anyone like I did to you tonight." She said to me. "Well I am honored."
Lea slowly leaned in and kissed my cheek. She walked into her door without saying anything else. A smile formed in my face as I turned around and walked away.

Lea's POV

I walk into my house with a smile on my face and shut the door right behind me. I look out the peep hole to see Cory smile and walk away. I walked to my bedroom, grabbed a change of clothes and got in the shower, then i would be off to bed.

Next Day

Cory's POV

"Hey", My brother shouted as he saw me, we were at a small diner by my house. I walked up to him and we hugged, then took our seats.

"So, seeing a girl?" He asks me, i knew it would be the first thing he would talk about.

"Well, um- yeah, her name is Lea and she is amazing." I said smiling.

"She must be amazing if she accepts your job." He says, i looked down at my hands under the table.

"Wait, she doesnt know?" He asks surprised.

"How was i supposed to tell her, this girl, Lea, is the most beautiful girl i have ever seen, and she is intelligant, and funny, i just really like her and im not sure if i want to screw it up." I said, i knew Shaun would be surprised by my answer because i never talked about a girl like that.
"She must be really special to you, so tell me more about her." Shaun said, i told the waitress what i wanted to eat and so did he. I began talking to him about her brother and it all ended with talking about her and her antidepressants. "So she is depressed?" He asks. "Im assuming, i didnt ask her about it because it sounds like such a hard subject to talk about." He nodded in agreement. When lunch was over we said our goodbyes and i started to get back to work.

Sorry for such a long wait you guys, i have been trying to find time to write. My bestfriend just recently moved out of state and it has been hitting me hard. But i will feel better soon and will update faster. Since many of you are so active with comments i think i am going to ask you guys questions after every chapter so first question.

Did you ever have one of your bestfriends move away?

Comment your answer and tell me where. Talk to you soon.

xoxo-courtney