Chapter Three

Lea's P.O.V.

" You are just so out of breathe." I laugh.

" Well thats what you say now, but I just ran 2 miles."

"Wow." I say in a sarcastic tone.
He laughs.

" So what is your name?"

"Lea, and yours?"

"I am Cory."

"So you from around L.A.?"

"No I am from New York, I just moved here, and you?"

"Grew up here but out of my 21 years of living here, something is so weird."

" And what would that be?" I ask him.

" It is so weird. That I, have never seen a girl as beautiful as you."

I feel blood rush to my cheeks and I can feel them getting red.
"Thanks" I smile, keeping my head down.

When my stop came I exited the bus and made my way up from the ground to the beautiful streets of L.A.
Cory follows behind my, soon he runs up to my side.

"Can I walk you home? Don't want any one messing with a beautiful girl like you."
I smiled again and nodded my head yes.

He continued to ask me questions and get to know me. I asked him some as well. When we arrived to my building, we stopped in front and talked a while longer.

"Could I take you out sometime. Show you the city?" He asked, Cory kept his head down, as if he was nervous.

I bit my lip, hesitating to answer.
"Sure." I say, between a smile.

He looks at his feet and smiles.

Cory and I exchange numbers and I soon walk up to my door and unlock it.

.

.

.

.

As I enter my room the clock says 9:00 P.M. The time zones are killing me, but I will get used to it eventually. I change my work outfit into a pair of comfy shorts and a t-shirt. I sit at my brown work desk. The desk consists of a laptop, many books that I have read, notebooks, and a drawer in the center for writing utensil's. I pull out my journal that I started writing in 6th grade. I love to write poetry, and stories. When I began to write, and my mother read my journal, she would set me down, and say,

"My love, you have a gift, and I need you to share it with the world. When you are older and experience hard times in the world, you will write. Just write."

I look through all of my old poems and stories that I wrote. I begin to turn the page when a note falls out. I open the piece of paper. It was one of my favorite poems.

I could hear my heart beating
I could hear everyone's heart.
I could hear the human noise we sat there making
Not one if us moving.
Not even when the room went dark.

I put the piece of paper back in it's page and put away my journal. I turn off the lamp and make my way to the bed. Soon I am fast asleep.

Cory's P.O.V.

I walk home in silence with pictures of Lea's smile in my head. She is so beautiful. I know I don't know her well, but I feel as if we already have a connection. I wonder how Lea feels.

It is strange, for me to have feelings for a girl I had just meet. But this girl. She is different.