Chapter nine

Lea's POV

I have gotton only one message from Cory, and the only thing that stuck out to me was how he said he loved me. It made my heart melt, i knew that one day we could have been something, i knew we had something special. Why couldn't he have a normal job? Something that wouldnt have ruined us. It has been three days since i saw a man get shot all because of drugs. I haven't gone to work i have a 'severe flu' and need some days of rest.

"Mom?" I said as she answers the phone. I sniffled through the phone and i could tell her mood would immediately change. "What sweetie, what is it?" She asked, i heard dad in the back asking questions. "I dont want to be here, i want to come home." I said, i sounded like a baby, but i cant be here in this big town when i am once again alone. Cory was the only one here for me, and now he is gone, i dont want anything to do with him.

"Why sweetie? Tell me what happened." She asked, and after four hours of talking and explaining the whole situation with Cory, my mom finally knew why i needed to come home. "Are you sure Cory doesn't do drugs?" She would ask. "I'm pretty sure mom, we were together a lot of the time and he didnt have any symptoms of it, he just sold it. So can i just get a plane ticket for next week?" My mom paused and i waited anxiously, i want to go home where im not alone. "No," She said. "No? Why?" I said surprised. "Because, you are not alone. I know what Cory did was wrong and im not saying you should forgive him, but he loves you and if someone can fall in love with you in about a month, someone else can. Just be friends with him, because if he loves you now he won't stop, not now. I know who you are Lea, you have wanted this your whole life and even though the situation, you would regret coming home. Now stay there and stay strong. Your dad and I love you so much and we want you to make the right decision, and we know this is it's so stay there, we love you sweetie."

"I love you to mom."

"Talk to you soon honey." She said, I said goodbye and she hung up.

I put my phone on my bed and into the bathroom, making a stop for my daily pill. When I get back to my room I lay in bed and turn on the news.

"Recently a man named Sidney Marx went missing, after two days if searching his body was found in an alley way, with a bullet found in his arm, he was left there and soon bled go death. Now back to you Michael." The news woman said. I thought about it and I realized the guy that got shot, he was shot in the arm and was in an alley way. It has to be the same guy Cory and the bodyguard killed.

Soon my phone begins to ring, it's Cory. I anxiously debate on answering or not, I slide the green button and out the phone to my ear. "Hello, Lea?" Cory asks sounding worried on the other line.

"Yeah?"

"I love you Lea and I'm sorry I ruined everything between us with my job, I'm not asking you to forgive me, you saw someone get killed, because of me. All I'm asking is that you come to lunch and meet me tomorrow, so we can talk. Can you please meet me?" Cory said. I didn't know what to say, his voice gave me butterflies in my stomach, and no matter what he did, I knew I still wanted to see him.

So I said,"yes".

.
.
.
.

Okay guys sorry for the very long wait but here is your question!

What do you love about your bestfriend?

What I love about my bestfriend is I can tell her anything and not be judged by it because she loves me. Even though she is a couple states away, I know that we are still so close.