(Dad) Shiro x (daughter) reader

EDITED:@HarmonyPanger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little girl was walking with her mother towards a newly buried grave. On the grave stone was inscribed:

~Here lies a wonderful pilot, husband and father to a sweet young girl, who was sadly taken away from this world. His memory lives on in the hearts of his family as he watches over us~

Takashi (Shiro) Shirogane

The little girl known as Y/N Shirogane looked down at her dad's grave, not understanding why her mother was crying or saying 'Goodbye' to dad, but she still followed her lead and placed black and white roses on the grave. She listened as her mother told her of her father's new home 'Heaven' and as her mother told he to say goodbye to him and say anything she wanted to before they left. Finally, Y/N was left alone, to speak with her dad.

"It's been a year daddy. I really miss you. Mummy says that you're in a safe place now, Heaven," she said as she sat down looking at the grave stone that held a photo of their family. "We had your favourite dinner tonight. I ate all of it, even though I don't like carrots. I learned to swim this summer. I can even open my eyes when I'm under water." The young girl stood up and looked up to the sky, trying to stop the tears from streaming down her face.

"Can you see me?" she said, as she walked back down the hill, her H/C hair flowing behind her. "I miss you, daddy," she whispered as she ran into her mother's arms. Y/N had been the last one to find out about her father's death; she had been at a friend's house when he was reported dead.

~5 Year Skip~

The same girl, now taller, walked up to the grave stone, again placing flowers on the grave, swapping them out for the one's her mother had previously left. She'd been feeling terribly guilty; she hadn't visited in a while because of school and a lot of other things but she felt like she needed to tell her father about things that had been going on. She sat down next to his grave and started talking to her dad.

"It's been 5 years, daddy; I'm in 5th Grade now. I really like computers but maths is really hard. Mummy lets me sleep in one of your t-shirts. It still smells of you. I don't need to sleep with the lights on anymore. I'm trying not to cry, but it's really hard, I really miss you, daddy" she said looking at the grave stone as she traced her hand across his name before getting up and looking towards the sky.

"Can you see me?" she said before turning and walking down the hill to meet her mum at the bottom, the same way she always did as they walked back home together. Y/N always tried to look after her mother to thank her for all the times her mother and looked after her, protecting her from bullies and dealing with Y/N's bad moods.

~10 Year Skip~

A teen slowly walked to the grave with her long H/C hair in a ponytail as she held her dad's flowers in her hands. Once she was right by it, she placed the flowers down and sat in front of the grave with a small smile playing on her lips. She knew he was there and she could still remember her dad's face, even if no one else believed her.

"I've started high school and I've made the honour roll, I hope you're proud of me. I'm also on the soccer team; have you ever seen me on the field?" she said with a smile, looking down at her hands before turning back to the grave.

"I've started thinking about colleges; do you think I could be a doctor? I know you're with me. I know you're always with me. I know you'll be with me when I graduate. I know you'll be with me when I walk down the aisle. I try not to be sad, but it hurts without you. I hope you know that you're my hero, I love you so much." She began tapping the dirt lightly before standing up and wiping away the tears that were streaming down her face.

"Can you see me?"

She turned around and ran down the hill with her H/C hair trailing behind her as she made her way to her friend and her mother as they stood at the bottom, both with sad smiles on their faces. They both knew you really loved your dad.

~15 Year Skip~

A woman, again, found herself walking over to the grave, her dad's flowers in hand as she placed them down before sitting in her normal spot. She smiled at the grave as played with the wedding ring on her finger.

"It's been a really long time, daddy. I'm nearly finished with college and I got into med school; I really want to help people, you always inspired me," she looked down at her ring, remembering her husband, Keith, with a smile as she remembered meeting him on her first day of college.

He'd ran into her and spilt coffee everywhere. They became quick friends, bonding over a love of space and music, letting their relationship grow into something more.

"I met a wonderful man; he's really special to me. I love him. Mom says he's a lot like you," she smiled as she looked to the grass and stroked the dirt like she had stroked her father's hair when she was much younger.

She stood up with a smile on her face as she looked at her daddy's grave with a smile, tapping the stone as she said her last words. "I think of you every day, I'm still sad, but you make me strong." She said before stepping back and looking up to the sky one last time before she left.

"Can you see me? I miss you daddy," she whispered and walked down the hill to meet her husband and her mum, who was now sat in a wheelchair, still smiling and looking over to the grave one more time before Y/N walked home with her lover and her mother.

Little did Y/N know, every time she went to talk to her daddy, he was sat on the grave listening to her and her problems and concerns and worries and he was even there when she gave herself to Keith in marriage. She was right when she said Keith was like him.

Her father, Shiro, was beyond proud of her. He had to move on now and pass through to heaven. He had waited until Y/N no longer needed him to talk to, no longer needed him to listen, because she was able to move forward with her life. But he would always be there, looking down on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The message of this story is to show even if you lose someone, you can still be close to them; talk to them and hope they are listening. Believing that they are looking over you is a good belief to have, even if they can't reply to what you say. Love can last forever if you let it stay alive.

Until next time, goodbye my little butterflies <3 <3