Chapter 29: Cayla Jennifer

The day finally came where Jane and Carlos were going to find out the gender of their child. The two were excited than they were nervous. Despite everything that was to come, they were happier than ever before. Some of the group feared that their overly happiness could lead to an even greater heartache when they time came to say goodbye, but they didn't tell them that. They didn't want to put a downer on them. They just knew that they'd be there for the two when that time eventually came.

Carlos and Jane walked into the doctors' office hand-in-hand. They checked in and waited a couple minutes before being called in. Once in, Jane's vitals were checked and they were sent into a room. The whole time, Carlos looked a little uneasy. "What?" Jane questioned.

"I still don't understand how you're so okay with this," Carlos said. "Those nurses poking and pricking you."

"I mean, this stuff has been going on with everybody born in Auradon since, well, since they were born," Jane replied. "It's alright if you're scared though. I know a couple people who still don't like it."

"Yeah, we didn't really have much medical assistance on the Isle," Carlos added. "All of this is still so new to me."

After a couple more minutes, the doctor came in. After the routine greeting, the doctor turned on the ultrasound machine and put the wand-like machine on Jane's lower stomach. "There's your baby," the doctor said.

"Aw, is it sucking it's thumb?" Jane asked, seeing the baby's hand near its mouth.

"Sure looks like it," the doctor said, moving the wand around.

"Wow," Carlos whispered.

While they looked at the screen, the baby stretched its legs out. "A restless one, I see," the doctor chuckled.

Jane laughed as well. "Yeah. They love keeping me up at night."

"Already started to kick a bit?" Jane nodded in response. "Well, we've already seen pretty much everything. I think it's time to see if this is a little miss or mister," the doctor said.

Jane and Carlos looked at one another with cheerful looks in their eyes. They both slightly bit their lips, awaiting to see if they were going to have a son or daughter.

"This little one isn't shy at all," the doctor said. "Definitely unlike her parents when they were teenagers."

"Her?" Jane asked, heer smile beginning to grow.

The doctor nodded. "You will be having a baby girl."

Jane practically squealed. After a couple minutes, the two left the doctors' office with a couple of pictures of the ultrasound in their hands.

"Can you believe it, Jane?" Carlos exclaimed. "A little girl!"

"I know," Jane said, sighing.

"What's wrong?" Carlos asked, noticing Jane's sudden mood change.

"I was all excited when the doctor said it was a girl, but now, I just can't stop thinking about what we'll have to do in a few months," Jane explained, caressing her hand over her grown stomach.

"Hey," Carlos said, putting his arm around Jane as they walked to the car. "Let's not think about that right now." Carlos placed a soft kiss on Jane's head.

Jane chuckled. "So now three out of the four of us have had little girls."

"Well, Evie and Doug's first pregnancy was a boy," Carlos added.

"But we don't know what their little one is right now. I bet you that it's going to be a girl."

Carlos laughed. "If you say so." After a couple seconds of silence, Carlos brought up something else. "Hey, at least we've already picked out a name."

"Yeah," Jane said. She looked down to her stomach. "You are already so loved, Cayla Jennifer."

Another short chapter. I'm sorry XD. Also, I will not be able to update on Friday since I will not be home Friday and Saturday. My dance season ends after this week, so I should be home free by next week and updates should be back to a regular schedule. I also hope to update my other stories and I have one or two new stories (all Descendants) that I'm hoping to post soon (one of which I wanted to post last year, but didn't have time). Thank you all for being understanding. <3