4 | our sad ending

- irene -

i woke up to the bear-like girl on my lap. i wanted to get up, but i noticed that i still had handcuffs on and i couldn't lift my arms up with them on. so, i started looking around the environment.

it was beautiful, like something from a movie. there were no animals and insects around, so it was truly a perfect spot to stay in.

after a while of taking in my surroundings, i noticed a citrus smell coming from the girl. it added even more to the nice environment that i felt.

then, the girl woke up from her deep sleep.

"it's a nice morning, right?" i asked with a smile.

- seulgi -

"it's a nice morning, right?" she asked.

i got up from her lap and aimed my gun at her. the memories of my parents occurred to me, "it's a nice morning, right, seulgi?" my mom would say. it made me think of the past, bringing back terrible memories that i wanted to forget.

"don't say anything," i said as i lowered my gun.
she looked at me in shock, and said, "yah. yah! fine."
"don't underestimate me. i could punish you at any moment, and i won't hesitate."
"you've said that the whole time. do it."

i was just starting to like her, but she always finds a way to annoy me. so, i punched her jaw, making her bleed from her mouth.

she didn't bother wiping the blood off of her face, but instead, she manically smiled at me.

"come on, we're going somewhere else." i told her.

she followed me to the car and sat in her seat, then she wiped the blood off of her face.

i drove to the amusement park and carefully told her that i would take her handcuffs off, but she had to obey me and be good at all times. she nodded, but i still didn't trust her. besides, if she runs away, i'll just have a bigger reason to wanting to kill her.

when we arrived, i took off her handcuffs and gave her a ticket to the park. i've been wanting to go to this amusement park for a long time, but everyone in the rebellion objects coming here. they all think that it's childish and a waste of money, but i think that it's a great way to get things off my mind.

- irene -

i was excited. i really wanted to go to this amusement park with my team, and we planned to come, but our leader told us that it would be problematic for us to go. he said that we would get ourselves in trouble and risk getting exposed.

anyways, we entered the park after giving our tickets to the worker at the entrance booth.

"so, what do you want to do?" seulgi asked.
"depends on you, you're in charge," i answered.
"well, we can eat first. are you okay with that?"
"yeah, sure."

we went to the food court, where seulgi said that she would order for me. she walked over to a chicken store, which made me upset since i had a fear of chicken. so when she came back, i told her that i would be getting some noodles instead. she told me that she would follow me, so i let her do that. i bought enough ramen noodles for both of us to enjoy. while we were waiting in the long line, she still stood by me as if she was my close friend. then, we ate our food, casually smiling at each other.

we didn't talk as much as i thought we would. i thought that she would want to know more things about me ever since the "what's it like to be an sm agent?" conversation, but all we did was eat our food. i wanted to make side conversations with her, but she just felt intimidating to talk to— as if some aura around her made her seem scary.

after we finished eating and cleaned up our food, she told me to follow her to the ferris wheel.

when we got onto the ferris wheel, i felt like throwing up. heights were a fear of mine, as well as a sickness i used to have. so when the ferris wheel stopped, i looked down and almost fell. luckily, seulgi caught me.

"yah, you should be careful." she said.
"sorry." i responded.
"so.. since we're staying here for a while, what do you want to talk about?"
i wasn't even thinking about what to respond with since i was looking at the skyline, so i blurted out, "you."
"m-me?" she said as she quickly looked at me.
it shocked me out of spacing out, now looking at the mysterious girl sitting next to me. i replied by saying, "yes, you."
"well.. what do you want to know?"
"anything on your mind."
"ah, jinjja?" she said as she quickly smiled, revealing her adorable eye-smile, and she put an arm on the back of her head.
"yes, whatever you're thinking about."
"i guess i'm wondering about how things are going at the rebellion right now— or sm agency for you."
"why might you wonder about sm agency?"
"because they're evi-"

- seulgi -

what was i thinking about right now? sm agency is evil.

i wanted to tell irene, but i felt multiple notifications vibrating in my pocket. i opened my phone to reveal the recurring messages:

taeyong
yo! seulgi!! they have a tracker on irene's watch and they're coming over there!! be careful!!

chan
hi hello boss, sm agency is coming your way so be careful b

jungkook
sm agency is coming

namjoon
hey ddeulgi, they're coming for irene. they found out through her watch, destroy that thing.

jennie
leader-nim!! they're following irene through her watch!! stay safe!!

lisa
just read jennie's text

i panicked. it looked obvious that i wanted to get out of the situation, considering that i was shuffling around the area and eventually yelled "please get us down!!" to the worker. once we got down, i held onto irene's hand as we ran to my car. i could see the sm agency cars looking around for us, but irene didn't see them. luckily, i had a dark car, so it fit into the dark atmosphere.

when we got in the car, i said, "i'm so so sorry."
"for what? this is fun." she said.
"fun?"
"yeah, we were running for fun, right?
"yeah, sure."

i quickly drove out of the amusement park, back to the rebellion hideout. to be more discrete, we went in through the hidden door and carefully made our way to the back-room stairs. when we got up to my office room, i told irene that she could on the stay on the couch for a while and relax.

after a few hours of doing basic paperwork in my office, i peeked at irene, who was now sleeping. she looked so peaceful and elegant. i was so caught up in looking at her that i didn't realize that a few of my rebellion agents walked in.

"leader-nim?" one asked.
"seulgi sunbaenim!" one asked, louder.
i got startled and said, "ah, yes. what do you need?"
"you." one said as he roughly put a syringe on the side of my neck, making me fall to the floor- with a clear sight of irene.

as i was starting to lose consciousness, they slowly made their way to irene. they held her arm up and ripped her watch off and broke it. then, i watched them cruelly place a syringe on her leg. "stop plea-" i tried to say. i really wish that i could stop them, but i fell into a deep sleep because of the syringe.