9 | partners

- seulgi -

who did these people think they were? they use the lowest moments of peoples' lives to make exaggerated stories. it's disappointing.

"don't think about it too much, okay?" i told her.

she faced me, and said, "sure, seulgi," as she tried to give me a smile.

i knew it was fake. i knew that she was holding it in so i wouldn't have to worry about her. but, i still do. after a while, she turned away from me and continued to scroll down the page, only pausing for a few seconds to read all of the headlines. i couldn't leave her alone. i wanted to comfort her. but how? i'm just a dumb bear.

"yah," i said as i pulled her shoulder to face me. "sm company is toxic- and you're not part of that anymore. you're bae joohyun. okay? you're amazing."

"i really appreciate it, seulgi. but i'm fine, really."

she gave me another fake smile and tried to look at her phone again.

"irene," i called her.

"mm?" she said as she faced me.

"let's go outside." i suggested.

"but, outside is-" she tried to say, but i pulled her arm out of bed before she had the chance to.

i pulled her arm into a room full of outdoor clothes.

"we don't want to be caught, right?" i asked.

"you're right. good thinking." she replied.

we both put our normal attire so we couldn't be seen. it consisted of black nikes, black jeans, black shirts, black jackets, black caps, and black face masks. we made sure that we were both ready to go outside safely, then we headed out.

"seulgi! wait i have to write a note to the others." she said.

i nodded at her before saying, "ah, okay. i'll get the car ready."

- irene -

i saw her exit the lair. i never want her to leave.

i also feel this way with my members. we've been together through lots of things, so i end up not being able to thank them enough.

i grabbed a sticky-note and pen, then started to write the following note:

dear members,

seulgi and i just went outside to get some fresh air. don't worry about us. if you need anything, just contact me. the food is in the drawers. stay safe.

-from irene

i looked at the note to see if i had written enough. i was satisfied enough with it, so i placed it next to wendy's bed, on the desk.

i looked at them while smiling. i loved my members, even if i don't show it.

i got into the car with seulgi in it. she looked so cool in the driver's seat.

"are you ready to go?" she said in her excited voice.

"yeah, let's just go," i said as i laughed.

- seulgi -

i was so focused on driving. i didn't want to get into any accidents or traffic on the way to the lake, where i first brought irene. i felt like we could make more memories there if she was familiar with it, plus it was a hidden location so no one really knew about it.