12 | attention! red velvet!

"so here's the plan," irene began to speak. "team nct is going to help us. they also agree that sm company needs to be taken down for its corrupt ways. when we get there, we'll be wearing disguises and holding cameras, to make it look like we are famous reporters. once we get inside, it will be easy to speak to the audience in the conference room. when they announce team nct to enter the stage, we will enter instead and speak about the issue. any questions?"

the other four members shook their heads. they were ready to tell the world about the corruption of sm company. they were even ready to give up their freedom if it meant that the world would be better.

"well then, let's get dressed." irene told the group as she dismissed them.

since irene and seulgi were sharing a room, they were their picking their outfits together.

"seulgi! seulgi! how about this?" irene excitedly said.

seulgi smiled at her and said, "it truly looks like what a reporter would wear. but we're going to wear hats and face masks, right?"

"of course. we can't risk exposing our identities.

as the two of them finished getting ready, the younger three of the group were just starting.

"wendy unnie!!! i don't know what to wear!!!" yeri screamed.

"yeri, just pick out anything. you look good in anything." wendy replied.

"yah, that's me." joy interrupted.

it took a while for them to finally decide on clothes to wear, but they ended up agreeing to each others' clothes. they complimented each others' outfits and went to meet up with irene again.

when they all saw each other, irene stated, "after we get into the building, we'll have enough time to change into our new mission outfits. understood?"

everyone calmly nodded while quietly whispering "yes".

"shall we do our chant?" irene lightly asked the group with a proud smile on her face.

"yes!" everyone replied in their happy voices.

they each put one hand in the middle, yelling, "red velvet! let's get excited!" they bounced their hands together while yelling, then they brought their hands up.

when they finished preparing, irene led them to their car, where she drove the group to sm company. on the halfway-point of their trip, red velvet and team nct decided to meet- so nct could give the cameras that were needed and also escape from sm company.

it happened exactly like that. they all pulled over at a deserted gas station, where nct gave red velvet the cameras and yelled "good luck!" red velvet smiled at them, as they were proud of their juniors for being so helpful to their cause.

-

red velvet finally arrived at sm company. of course, no one knew them since they had their disguises on, but their entrance was powerful. many heads had turned to see the five walk in with their expensive cameras and chic fashion sense.

irene walked over to the desk, where a security guard was deeply staring at her. she had not recognized him, so she concluded that he was new to sm company. this meant that he probably did not personally know her, as some older guards did.

irene looked at the dumbfounded guard as all he could do was stare at the girl. "excuse me?" she finally said.

"oh, oh, yes?" the guard hesitantly answered.