10 | working together

- seulgi -

"i can barely sleep. at least your seats are soft." irene said.

"i have a blanket! do you want it?" i replied.

"no, no. you use it."

"ah, okay."

there we were in my car. together.

her beautiful hair glimmered in the darkness. her tired eyes would try to close, but would re-open in a matter of seconds.

i tried to close my eyes as well. for a while, i thought that i would be able to sleep, until i heard irene softly mumble "seulgi-yah~". i immediately opened my eyes and stared at her. "yes?" i quietly responded. i saw that she was sleeping. she was talking in her sleep. she's so cute.

i wanted to sleep, but i felt like something unexpected would happen if both of us were asleep. so, i looked at the news to see if anything had changed.

bae joohyun and kang seulgi still on the hunt

sm company chooses not to explain anything further

sm company pushes new guards as police officers

everything was still confusing to me. it seemed like nothing had changed while sm company had power. they weren't doing anything to find us, either.

i slowly realized that irene and i were in more danger in the place we were staying, opposed to her lair. anyone could find us here. sm company could find us here. their guards could find us here.

in thought of this, i quickly drove out of the lake and went to irene's lair. i made sure that i kept my mask on and looked around to see that no one was following us.

when we arrived at irene's lair, she was still sleeping. so, i carried her and entered her lair. i laid her down on her bed, making sure that she was able to comfortably sleep.

i still couldn't sleep. lots of thoughts were going through my mind.

"what will the darkness do if they find me? what will sm company do?"

"what's our next step in defeating sm company?"

"what does irene plan to do?"

"aish!" i said out loud. i immediately covered my mouth, realizing that i said it too loudly.

i looked at the time. 3:24. it wasn't too late to go to sleep, so i tried to sleep on the couch.

- irene -

please... tell me this is a dream.

"seulgi... please don't do this. i thought that i could trust you."

"you thought wrong."

she picked up her ropes and tied them around me. i felt so powerless, so useless. i just sat there, letting her complete her action while i was in shock of her betrayal.

"i told you that i would punish you, wouldn't i? i didn't have any fun last time." she said in her deep voice.

"you won't have any fun this time, either." i tried to say.

"i wouldn't say that, joohyun."

she snapped her fingers, instantly revealing members of the darkness.

"members, i think you all know bae joohyun." she powerfully said.

she snapped her fingers again. this time, familiar people walked out. people from sm company.