6 | objection

- seulgi -

as soon as i entered the sm company building, i already knew what was going to happen. of course, they were going to arrest me. why wouldn't they? i'm the #1 most wanted person on their lists. i was the only way they could bring down the rebellion. of course, if they take away the leader, the group also falls with it. but, what they don't know is that the rebellion has now turned into "the darkness". that's what they call their selves now. this group is far worse compared to the rebellion. the rebellion just rebelled against sm company's ways and terrible plans, but the darkness wants to destroy everything against it.

because of this, i knew that they would hunt me down. i knew that the only safe place i could go to was sm company. they wouldn't be able to go inside of its secure structure, and irene was there too.

when they led me to the prison cells, they brought me to big solo cell, almost like a cage. i looked around the place, revealing that the place looked oddly new, as if it was built very recently. written next to the cell was a sign saying kang seulgi. it amazed me that they thought of me as a prize in a way- that they would reserve a big space just for a cell that would hold me.

after a while, the cell became lonely. i was used to talking to my members, or to irene, that it felt normal to be next to people. now, it felt upsetting that no one was there. at this point, i felt like i was going to go crazy. i felt like i was truly done with my life. i felt like i could never see irene again.

but, like a miracle, a familiar guard came in.

jaehyun.

he stood next to the cell as he scanned me with his eyes.

"hi jaehyun. nice to see me here, right?" i asked.
"i have nothing to say to you." he responded.
"you didn't forget about your past, did you?"
"just because i used to follow you doesn't mean i follow you now."
"well, since you followed me before, can you do a favor for me?"
"what kind of sick mind do you have? absolutely not."
"please?" i knew my voice would convince him otherwise.
he turned to me, directly facing my eyes, then said, "okay fine. what do you want?"
"give me your phone, please."
he annoyingly handed me his phone.

i remembered his passcode from when he was still a member of the rebellion. he hasn't changed it. back then, he was always secure with his phone. he made sure that no one would ever touch it. but, as the stubborn leader i am, i would always mess with his phone. so, i knew the password and where everything was located.

i then opened his messages app, revealing that he had never sent anything to irene. i then created a new message going to irene.

bae joohyun
irene? i really like you. please meet me soon.

by the way, this is seulgi haha

- irene -

today was our annual victory press conference for companies like sm company, where they also save the world from evil people. it was meant to congratulate sm company in front of other companies that do the same thing. i was the speaker for sm company, since team red velvet had been doing good based on our missions.

as i was walking towards the stage, i received two text messages.

jung jaehyun
irene? i really like you. please meet me soon.

by the way, this is seulgi haha

the sudden texts visibly made me blush. but, i tried to control myself for the conference. i forced myself to think of other things.