11 | a rush of fear

- irene -

these days are getting harder for me.

i can't tell whether i'm inside of a dream or if i'm facing reality.

my dreams are getting worse. they show seulgi constantly punishing me and.. torturing me.

i'm so scared. i really am. i'm so scared of seulgi.

i can't look her in the eye anymore, as i feel like she might attack me at any moment. she doesn't look at me either, she just turns away from me.

i try to make myself less obvious, but i really can't help myself when it comes to talking to her. of course, i'd try to talk to her, but everything i say comes out as a whisper. luckily, she understood everything i tried to say.

we planned to go to her house today, so seulgi could get all of the things necessary to prove her father's cruel death by lee soo man.

i was scared. i had to be alone with her.

when we arrived at her house, i asked her, "do you want me to come with you?"

"it's fine. do you want to come?" she responded.

"yeah, of course," i couldn't help myself. i still liked her, even if i was reminded of my terrifying dreams.

-

we went to her basement.

it was dark, but seulgi used her phone as a flashlight so i did the same.

we were walking around for quite a while, until seulgi finally said, "ah! found it!" a smile had formed on her face. it was the first time i had recently seen her smile.

she looked at me. "now we can take lee soo man down!" she said as she laughed.

i laughed as well.

she placed a couple of papers into a medium-sized box, then gave it to me. "can you put this in the hall? ...just outside of the basement."

i nodded and walked over to the hall. i placed the box down and fell to the floor. i felt awkward. i didn't know what to do.

i didn't know if i should go back to seulgi or go back to the car. i wasn't comfortable with seulgi yet, since i was still thinking about the dreams i had.

at that moment, i realized how tired i had been. i started to fall asleep.

i felt relaxed and comfortable, until i heard yells and screams from the room seulgi was in.

i picked myself up from the floor and began to walk to the basement room. my eyes were immediately opened at the the sight.

there were four people- two men and two women.

one man was holding seulgi with a knife aimed at her neck, while another man was intimidatingly sitting in a seat in front of seulgi. one woman was setting up some kind of chained-structure around seulgi, although it didn't seem like she was good at doing it. the other woman was standing next to the seated man, as if she was his helper.

i listened to their conversation, waiting for the right time to stop them.

"ah, kang seulgi. what will i do with you?" the seated man said.

"you will never prove your father's innocence." the man holding her said.

seulgi remained silent, but she was moving around to try to get out of the man's grip.

as i was watching this happen, another women appearing from behind me and said, "peek-a-boo!" and tried to inject a syringe into my neck.

i caught her grip and pushed her to the ground.