14 | the real ending

- irene -

"seulgi, can you give me those papers? aish, i really need to find it!" 

"which one, again?"

"the one about my parents' death!"

"oh... this?" she held up a stack of papers and handed them to me. i swiped the papers away from her and began reading it.

"sorry, irene... about your parents..." seulgi said in a saddened tone.

"hey, it's fine. i knew that lee soo man would have done something like this. it just hurts that i joined sm company to find whoever killed my parents, not knowing that the company was the one who killed them."

"yah! it's 'red alert' now!" she exclaimed to lighten up the mood.

"yeah, that's great."

"wah! let's celebrate with the others!"

"where are they?"

"they're outside!! let's go, irene!"

she took my hand to forcibly get me out of my seat. i had been staying in that spot for a few days- to find out who had murdered my parents. the irony in it is that sm company was responsible for it. but, i tried to think of better things. after all, lee soo man is now in jail and he has been brought to justice.

"what are you guys doing?" i asked the other members with a laugh as i approached them.

"we're doing commercial films! i'm going right now!" yeri said as she cleared her throat. "ramyun, it isn't that hard!"

"that's always her line!!" wendy said as she laughed extremely hard at the maknae.

"i want to try!" seulgi said as she eagerly sat down with the other girls. "poo ramyun!" she tried to say before she covered her face due to embarrassment. the others continued to laugh at the funny girl in front of them.

"irene unnie! you go!" wendy suggested.

"shall i?" i said as i tucked my hair behind my ears.

"aish, she's doing that again! she's trying to be cute!" joy yelled.

"poo ramyun, it's not that hard!" i said to make the others laugh. "joy, your turn!"

"wendy unnie, do a skit with me! like with 80s/90s dialect." joy suggested.

"let's do that!" wendy replied.

"ah! i have no more ramyun! it was so tasty- i didn't know that i finished it! sir, please give me more!" joy started to say.

"ah, here." wendy said as she played along.

everyone laughed at how the two were able to match each other. it felt nice being able to be with them, since we haven't been able to feel this happy in a long time as a group. i loved seeing the others in a happy mood- their happiness is my happiness as well.

"irene unnie!" an agent said as she happily walked into the room. "it's time for your speech."

"do you guys want to come with me?" i asked the other members.

they all nodded in agreement. together, we were going to deliver the speech about the new company in replacement of sm company, red alert.

-

i didn't feel nervous anymore. i felt so happy and excited knowing that people weren't after me anymore- that i didn't have to run anymore.

all five of us walked onto the stage, preparing to speak.

"hello, we are red velvet!" we said in unison.

"as everyone knows, we have given all problematic documents to the police for investigation. other than that, this marks the first official day of our new agency, 'red alert'. we plan to offer help for anyone in need, as well as protect people from 'the darkness'." i confidently said to the crowd.

"irene! does this mean that we can anticipate for the darkness to go away?"

"does this mean our new heroes are red velvet?"

"you guys are awesome!"

a smile appeared on all of our faces as we made our exit. the feeling of people being on our side was something that has always made us happy, but we didn't know that it would be as big as this- where it feels like everyone is proud of us.

"shall we do our cheer?" i asked the four girls.

"yes!" they all exclaimed at the same time.

"red velvet! let's get excited!"

the end :)

-
a/n: thank you so much for reading this book!! it really means a lot to me! i didn't know how to end this book, so sorry if it was really bad and short. i also don't know if i should make a book 2/sequel to this since i haven't thought of a storyline for it. but, thanks for supporting me!! :)