Chapter Eight

My eyes open as the bed dips behind me. I lift my head and look over my shoulder to see Bellamy laying down next to me. "I didn't mean to wake you." He says, and I let a tired smile wash over my face and roll over to face him. "It's okay." I mumble, my voice groggy with sleep.

His hand reaches out, and his fingers brush over the skin of my shoulder, right next to my collar bone. "A tattoo?" He asks, tracing the black ink on my skin. I smile softly. "Yeah, Lincoln gave it to me this morning." I say, and his eyes flick up and meet mine. "CI?" He asks, sounding confused, and I let out a soft laugh. "I thought you of all people would get it." I say, smirking at him slightly. He lets out a breath through his nose. "Roman numerals."

I nod, tracing the tattoo with my own fingers. "I get the C, it stands for one-hundred, the Hundred, but why add the I?" He asks, and I stop tracing the ink and place my hand on his cheek. "There was a hundred and one of us on that Dropship, Bell." I say, a soft smile still on my face.

Bellamy's own face lights up as a genuine smile appears on his face. "I love you, Griffin." He says, and I lean forward, pressing my lips to his. "I love you too, Blake."

I open my eyes and stare at the grey ceiling above me. My eyes trail down the grated walls and land on one of the sick Grounders. She smiles weakly at me, and I make a weak attempt to return it as I sit up. I lean my back against the wall and feel someone sit down next to me.

Kane.

"Nyko taught you well."

My eyes jump to Lincoln as he approaches a woman who is helping another Grounder. "Nyko got out just in time." She replies bitterly as she wraps the dude's leg. Lincoln puts a hand on both of their shoulders and gives them a comforting nod. "Ste yuj." I hear him whisper, and the corners of my mouth rise in the smallest amount.

Lincoln walks over towards Kane and I, and I give him a nod in greeting. "You inspire them." Kane says, and he chuckles before sitting down next to me. "I'm not gonna let you two give up either." He says, resting a hand on my bent knee in comfort. I give him a weak smile and lean my head on his shoulder.

"Chancellor on deck!"

I feel Lincoln tense, but I don't even bother to lift my head as I let my eyes drift towards the door. Pike, two other Guards, Bryan, and Bellamy walk into my sight, and I can't help but laugh humorlessly as I let my eyes glare at Pike. "I thought we had more time." Kane mumbles as he gets to his feet. Pike returns my glare before looking to Kane. "I'm not here for you."

"Each of you is guilty of the same crimes as Kane and Griffin, and as such, you will share the same fate, death."

I'm on my feet and clinging to the grated wall in less than a second. "That's bullshit!" I yell, almost spitting my words at Pike as Kane backs away from me. I hear Lincoln trying to calm his people as Pike and I get into a staring contest. "His people are innocent." I growl out, and Lincoln puts a hand on my shoulder. "They know nothing." He says, quieter, gentler, more submissive. "Don't let them suffer for my crimes. Please."

"Sir, Lincoln's right." Bellamy speaks up, causing my hands to clench around the metal tighter. Whether it's because of anger or me trying to hold myself back from bursting into tears, I'm not sure.

"All the others did was run through an open door. Same thing we would do if we were in there." There's a silence after Bellamy's words as Pike's eyes dart around the cell. "I believe that's true." Another pause. "Kane, Griffin, Lincoln, Sinclair, as leaders of this coup, you will pay for your crimes with your lives. Execution is ser for dawn."