Chapter 1

Eric's P.O.V.

Ever since she moved to my school, I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She was beautiful. Fine, dark hair surrounding high cheek bones and tan skin. Her bright green eyes could be seen a mile away. She seemed very shy and kept to herself. I worked up the courage to say hi to her once, but she just walked away. I'm not that popular. Just on the football team, good grades, stay out of trouble. The good boy. So she had nothing to be scared of. The day we met, was unforgettable though. It was the end of the day and i was just leaving the boys change room when i heard loud voices around the corner. I leaned in to see what all the comotion was and was shocked to see 2 boys from my football team cornering... Emma! They had her pinned against a wall and one of them gripped her arms with such force it looked like they would shatter at any second. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but there dark tones made my blood start to boil. Just as I was about to pounce on them, they slammed her against the wall and took off. I could see her body trembling all the way from where i was. She slowly sank to the ground and started to silently weep. I sprinted over to her as fast as I could...

Emma's P.O.V.

As soon as i heard foot steps, i started to panick. What if they came back for more?! I shrunk into the wall and hid my face behind my knees.

"Emma! Are you okay?" I heard a voice urge. 

I slowly looked up to see Eric's concerend face peering at me. He was in all of my classes and seemed very nice. But he was on the football team! Why would he care about me?

"Emma, can you hear me?" he asked. Worry sweeped across his words. He crouched down so we were at eye level. His deep blue eyes were searching mine.

"Uh... I-" I couldn't speak! My voice was totally horse!  "I'm-" I tried again. Nothing.

He softly put his arms around me and helped me up. His fingers gently wiped away my tears. His sweet face quickly turned concered again.

"What did they want? Are you hurt?"

With all the adrenaline, i didn't feel the sharp pain in my head. When they knocked me against the wall, my head hit the wall really hard and all the pain was coming now. All of a sudden, i felt extremely dizzy. My knees buckled but he caught me before i could hit the ground.

"Emma! Are you okay?" He almost yelled. Fear was thick in his voice. He effortlessly supported me as i was limp in his arms. 

"Um... I think i need to lie down." I weakly whispered. 

He gently set me down and loomed over me. He broke into three parts and black spots started to appear in my vision. The last thing i remembered were his blue eyes.