Chapter 6

Emma’s P.O.V.

In my dream, I was with my parents on a small rowboat. We were having such a wonderful time, laughing and teasing each other. The fun ended abruptly when a storm suddenly developed and waves started to grow stronger. Soon, a huge wave towered over us and plummeted in our direction. I didn’t even feel it slam into us before I realized I was in the dark, icy water. I searched for my parents, but I couldn’t see them anywhere. I called out for them, even though I knew it wouldn’t do any good. The current kept on taking me deeper and deeper…

“Emma wake up!” I heard Eric urge.

 I jerked awake with a start and was sweating. I looked around franticly and realized I was still at Eric’s house. Tears started rolling down my face when I thought back to my dream.

“Eric… It was… so horrible!” I gasped

He pulled me into his lap and warmly embraced me.

“Shhhhh…” he whispered, “It was just a bad dream.”

I sobbed into his for probably 5 minutes before I pulled away.

“Eric, I’m so sorry for ruining your party-“ I started.

“You absolutely didn’t ruin it. Andrew did. I’M sorry.” He cut in.

“Eric?” I cautiously asked.

“Yes baby?”

“If you want to break up, I understand. Trust me, I’m more ashamed of myself tha-“

He shot his finger up to my lips to stop me and I could see pain in his eyes. He pulled me in close.

“Emma how could you ever think that? I love you more than anything else in the world. I feel like I am dying inside when you’re crying. I love you so much!”

“I love you too.” I said breathlessly.

Eric’s P.O.V.

After a while of sitting in perfect peace with her on my lap, I saw her glance at my clock and she pulled away.

“Eric its 9 pm! I should have left by now!” she said franticly.

“Emma, its okay. If you want, you can spend the night.” I offered.

“Spend the night?! What would your parents think?!”

“My parents are away on a three week business trip,” I assured, “And anyways, they wouldn’t mind.”

“Are you sure?” she asked, a bit more calm.

“Absolutely.”

“I don’t know…” she said hesitantly.

“Its fine.” I whispered, pulling her closer into my lap.

“Okay.” She sighed, giving up.

After that, we just talked. I asked her to tell me about her parents, and she immediately beamed. She started explaining about all of the fun times they had on vacations or just at home. I don’t know how long we talked for, but when she started slowing down I knew it was getting late.

“And one time,” she started, but I could hear her words slurring, “We- we went to this place…”

I could tell her was trying to fight it, but I knew she was tired.

“Shhhhh…” I cooed, “Its okay. You can sleep.”