5

13 Years Later

"Hey mum, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sweetie, go on."

"Why are people staring at us?"

"They're not staring at "us", they're staring at your father and me."

"Why?"

"That's a story for another time. Maybe I'll tell you when you're older."

Scorpius Cedric Malfoy, Beatrice Alexa Malfoy and Astoria Satisé Malfoy were about to take the Hogwarts express to their first year there. All three were a mix of Draco and I, not just in appearance, but in personality too.

A lot had changed since Draco and I got married. I resigned from the ministry and moved into the cottage with Draco. Now our kids were off to Hogwarts, we could both work in the bookshop. Kingsley was slightly disappointed-as he said I was a great leader-but he understood.

I was shocked when the doctor informed me I had triplets coming. So was Draco. We received many cards and flowers, congratulating us on the surprising news.

Anyway, it was ten minutes until departure and Scorpius was quite nervous. Astoria and Beatrice were hyped up and ready to leave. Platform 9 and 3/4 was bustling with students and parents, some shrugging and casually saying goodbye and some sobbing uncontrollably like it was their last goodbye.

Scorpius looked very pale. "What house do you think I'll get into? Am I more like you or dad?"

"Scorpius," Draco replied before I could say anything. "We've already discussed that we don't care what house you're in. You're still our son at the end of the day. Houses don't prove anything."

Just as Draco finished his sentence, Ginny and Harry approached us with their children, Lily and James. They came running up to me and gave me a big fat hug.

"Auntie Hermione! Auntie Hermione!"The chirped in unison.

"I'm glad they still like me," I whispered to Ginny.

Lily and James finally let go of me, and they started making their way over to the Longbottom twins-Luna and Neville's children-Autumn Elizabeth Longbottom and Remus Jacob Longbottom.

I suddenly heard parents all around us mention it was time to board the train. I kissed Beatrice, Astoria and Scorpius all on the head.

"You'll all do great. Just write to us every week, ok?" Draco said.

"Daaad," Astoria groaned. "Every week? Really?"

"Well, maybe every second week then."

The station master shouted: "All aboard Hogwarts students! We're leaving now!"

"Bye mum, bye dad!" Beatrice and Astoria ran off, waving to us.

Draco turned to face Scorpius. "Don't be nervous, just do your best and make friends." He paused. "Nice friends. Don't make mean friends.

"Ok," Scorpius smiled. "Gotta go!"

Two minutes later, the train started moving, parents on the platform were waving to their kids. Draco and I waved one last time and soon enough, the train was gone.

~*~

I emptied the mailbox, secretly hoping to find some letters from the kids. I found one.

I ran into the house an screamed: "DRACO! DRACO! A LETTER!".

"Wow, wow, wow, calm it!" Draco appeared. "I nearly had a heart attack!"

I tore open the envelope and snatched out the letter. The writing looked like Beatrice's. The letter read:

Dear mum and dad,

Professor McGonagall ordered all the first year students to write a letter to the parents. Scorpius. Astoria and I decided we would write one letter for all our experiences. We were sorted into different houses, but the teachers allowed us to come to the Grand Hall to write this.

First of all, I was sorted into Gryffindor! I'm not pleased nor am I sad. I have a bed next to Lily and Autumn. I remember Lily made her feather float in Charms before anyone else! It was so cool. However, people tend to ask me who my parents are because apparently a Malfoy being in Gryffindor is "unusual".

Astoria, she's in Gryffindor with me! Sisters in Gryffindor! She's kind of turning out to be anti-social, just huddling in the corner of the library, studying and reading. But it's great because she's seeker for the Quidditch team!

Scorpius was sorted into Slytherin and he says he's not happy. He's made one good friend though, a boy called Leonard Zabini, the son of Pansy and Blaise Zabini. From what I can see, It's weird that Scorpius is in Slytherin. He's so kind and friendly to everyone. Is it possible the Sorting Hat can falter?

Anyway, whenever we're seen in the hallways, people whisper and stare. We get teased for being half Granger and Malfoy, a Death Eater and a Dumbledore's Army Member. We're so annoyed.

To conclude, we've made some trustworthy friendships and topped classes, but we're not really happy here.

From,

Beatrice, Astoria and Scorpius

I started to panic, waving my hands all over the place.

"DRACO, ARE YOU HEARING THIS?" I shouted.

"Yes, I am. We need to confront Professor McGonagall." Draco firmly responded.

"We can't! How can that stop our kids from getting bullied?"

"We could homeschool them?"

"NO NO NO! We have to think! We'll find a way, I swear!"

~*~

The answer came to us through the mail, the very next day. It was a chance to prove the Malfoy family. It was a reunion.