9

"Darling, not to alarm you, but there's a small problem in the living room." Draco looked uneasy like he was hiding something. He lead me to the living room where the "small" problem was.

I gaped at the sight and stood frozen before yelling, "YOU CALL THIS SMALL? THIS IS OUR NEW CARPET AND NOW IT'S RUINED!"

Our baby Danish Thundersnout was pouring fire all over our new carpet and it was not enjoyable to watch. There it was. Our expensive Persian carpet, after five minutes or so, turned into a pile of ashes.

"DRACO, I SAVED ALMOST $5000 FOR THAT CARPET AND NOW THAT DAMNED DRAGON JUST BURNT EVERY INCH OF FABRIC! YOU DIDN'T CARE ABOUT IT AND YOU NEVER INVESTED ANY OF YOUR MONEY TO HELP ME BUY WHAT I WANTED FOR YEARS! RON LOOKS LIKE AN INNOCENT PONY COMPARED TO YOU!" I roared and stomped angrily off to my bedroom, where I could have some privacy.

I felt a tinge of regret for comparing Draco to my ex-husband, Ron had done worse to me. I flopped on the fluffy master bed and started sulking. I lay on there, thinking if life was worth living. It took me approximately ten seconds to realise that I was being melodramatic. I giggled at myself.

"Oh, I'm such a silly billy," I talked to myself. "I'm so sensitive all the time! Remember you ran to the girl's bathroom when Ronald called you 'friendless'? And you were nearly injured? You could have saved yourself, but Ron did instead. Stealing my thunder. Outrageous! God, he de-"

Just as I was deep in conversation, Draco entered the room, his eyes blurry and swollen. Had he been crying?  

"Hermione, I'm so sorry-"

"Why are you saying sorry?" I interrupted. "I should be the one apologising! I hurt your feelings and I regret comparing you to Ron and shouting at you. I guess I was making a mountain out of a molehill. Please forgive me." 

"To be fair, that carpet did cost over $4000."

"DON'T REMIND ME."

" Ok, ok. And, I forgive you. Anyway, I put the dragon back in his room and he is peacefully sleeping."

"That's a relief. At least he hasn't set fire to my prized vase yet..."

"Actually,"

"WHAT?"

 ~*~

Dear Hermione and Draco,

How's the dragon settling in? Did I tell you he loves to burn anything he can? I hope you haven't encountered any situations yet. Oh, and, have you named the dragon?

Hagrid xo

"Since when did Hagrid do kisses?" I was puzzled.

"We need to write back."

This is what we wrote as a reply:

Dear Hagrid,

I think it's appropriate to say that the dragon is enjoying his time in our home. But we're not. So far, he's burnt down a carpet, a vase, ripped up a pillow and chewed on a toaster. Why didn't you warn us? We read the book, but really, it's filled with complicated methods and explanations neither of us can understand.

A name? In the end, we decided on "Devil". The name suites his personality too well.

Anyway, I hope you're ok and well. Lots of love,

Hermione and Draco Malfoy.

"That should do it," Draco said.