My Uncle Has Dimples (CH 2)

Thoughts started to swirl through Namjoon's head. He wondered if he would cry or if he'll have to make a speech. The funeral, to Namjoon's surprise, was filled with people. From what Namjoon could tell, a lot of the people here were high-class people. Wearing fancy black clothing, yet still appropriate for a funeral.

Namjoon felt uncomfortable around the petty people making him feel like he was an outsider. If he hadn't been one of the main guests there, as this funeral was for his brother, he would've felt even more of an outsider. And it didn't help with the thought of him feeling like he didn't belong being here.

His brother was able to move to a higher class because of his wife, a daughter of a well-known family with good business. So, down the line, he made acquaintances here and there, soon made himself an honored member of that class. Now thinking about it, Namjoon began to wonder why his brother's wife's family didn't take care of their grandson. Jungkook's grandparents were no doubt a wealthy family and would be in better shape to take care of the boy than Namjoon. They could afford the costs of a kid.

Namjoon felt a little more at ease now thinking about the whole situation. Because even if a high ranked, well off family wouldn't do take in and care for the orphaned child, then why should he himself? Why should he be the guardian of a kid when he knew that he could barely handle himself at times.

His eyes traveled around the big hall, every place filled with people. All chatting and mentioning how much they liked Jackson, not forgetting to mention the fact that his son now lost both his parents.

Soon, the sound of steady voices went away all at once. Silence took place as soon as a man walked in the room, a little kid close by his side, holding his hand tightly. The little toddler has a plushy stuck under his arm, his huge eyes gaze around the room, studying each new face, which were all facing him. When the pressure of all the eyes on him grew, he squeezed the hand he was holding just a little bit tighter, gaining a light squeeze in return. The little boy collected a bit of courage, gaining the ability to walk through the large mass of people.

Eyes followed the man and the boy as they made their way through the crowd. Namjoon's eyes followed along with the other's and soon he noticed that they were making their way towards him. Sitting up a little straighter, the man soon came to a stop in front of Namjoon, his free hand reaching out for a handshake.

"I'm Yoongi, the lawyer." He says shortly after, causing Namjoon to raise his eyebrows. Yoongi's facial expression was just as rigid as his voice of steel.

"And this is Jungkook." He raised Jungkook's hand that was holding on tightly to his. The boy had dark brown hair that looked just like his, also having a pair of chocolate colored eyes.

"Jungkook, say hello to Mr. Namjoon, he's your uncle." The lawyer looks at Jungkook, introducing him to Namjoon.

"He-Hello," The kid mumbles shyly, hiding his small frame behind Yoongi's legs.

"Hello, Jungkook," Namjoon says softly, crouching down to be on the same level as the kid. Yet, even with him crouching down, he was still looking down at the little boy.

Even with Namjoon's movements, the little boy was still timid. He hid completely behind Yoongi's leg, tugging on Yoongi's trousers. With his small actions, his plushy fell from his arms, gently hitting the ground, but he was too shy to step forward and to pick it up.

Namjoon did it for him. Reaching over to pick the plushy up from the ground, softly brushing off the dust that got on it. Looking at it closely, he noticed it was a pink bunny with a slightly odd facial expression. Surely not something Namjoon would buy for his own son.

"Here," His says gently, handing over the bunny plushy to Jungkook, a soft smile on his face.

"Thank you," His voice quiet, grabbing the rabbit from the man's hands, slightly peeking out from behind Yoongi's legs.