Choco Muffins (CH 11)

A/N: I am not really satisfied with this chapter, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyways :)

The first night when Jungkook had to sleep with him, he was amazed and shocked by the fact that Namjoon only had some boxers on.
It was 10 PM and Namjoon had put Jungkook into his bed and got under the blanket with him. Jungkook was still sitting on the small pillow, which was purchased for him but didn't lay down. Namjoon didn't really care to put him down to sleep, thinking that he must be nervous on his first day, although his nephew visited him a few times already.
Namjoon almost had fallen asleep until a small hand tapped on his bare shoulder.
"Uncle... uncle... you forgot to wear your pajamas." He whispered and Namjoon cracked his eyes open and looked under his blanket. It appears to be that Jungkook was waiting of Namjoon to cover himself the whole time.
"Oh, well... Jungkook... I don't really like to wear pajamas. Is that a problem?" He wondered and stared at Jungkook with a continuously opening and closing mouth, not sure how to defend his choice of sleeping half naked.
"Nooo, no, you will catch a cold and get sick." Jungkook protested and pulled down Namjoon's blanket from the side. Namjoon looked at his doe eyes full of concern and innocence. Well, he wasn't really the kindest man on earth all the time, but he was not a gruesome evil to say 'No' to those glittery black eyes.

"Fine, fine..." He got up and opened his wardrobe. Where were his pajamas again? He just had one pair and that was literally labelled as the "worst Christmas gift by Hoseok".
He pulled them out in a comical way to show Jungkook that he owned some pajamas. When he finally got the purple striped pajamas on, with a weird blue sleeping mascot, Jungkook clapped into his hands. "Yay! Koya!" Namjoon didn't really recognize the second word, but smiled at Jungkook when he pointed on those little blue snoozing koalas on his pajama, as Namjoon was closing the distance between them by walking on his hands and knees on the bed.
"Alright, happy?" He asked Jungkook who nodded with a soft smile. Now both of them were ready for a peaceful night.

**

Since Jungkook would stay for a longer time now, they also had to accommodate his sleeping place. For now, until Namjoon gets him his own bed and maybe changes the library a bit to his taste, he had to sleep with Namjoon, not that Jungkook would ever complain about it.
Namjoon always found him on his side of the bed every morning, even if he put him on the other side of the bed, tucked him in his own blanket and gave him his own small pillow every single night.

It's been 3 days already, since Jungkook was his new housemate. Somehow, he could occupy the kid in different ways, but he was out of ideas and to be honest his energy had limits too. It was nothing compared to this toddler's energy, who could jump and sing all day. At the end of the day Namjoon looked like he went through an entire workday and Jungkook still had the power and audacity to ask for more action.

It was the Thursday morning that got Namjoon off guard. It was around 11 AM, right when Namjoon decided to make a lazy day out of that day (not that he was very productive the other days), he heard a loud bang coming from the kitchen and jumped up to rush over there. His heart was pounding in his throat when he heard a shrill yelp too, right before Jungkook's loud wailing. There was something not going right. There was chaos behind those walls and his steps felt heavy as he got closer to that chaos.
His eyes bulged when they saw Jungkook sitting on the floor, crying and curled up into a ball. He ran towards the boy on the floor and picked him up in an instant and kneeled to his eye level.
"What happened?!" He asked horrified as panic streaked through his veins and his inner alarms went on and off the more Jungkook cried.
"P-Pan." He pointed on the open kitchen cupboard and the lifeless lying pan on the floor.
"Okay, baby, okay. Show me where it hurts." He demanded; his hands were shaky as he checked Jungkook's body.
For a fact, he knew that that iron pan was really heavy and if Jungkook tried to pull that out on his own, it probably easily slipped by his hands. He hoped it only scared Jungkook and didn't hurt him.
He watched how the kid pulled out his left foot from his rubber slippers. The poor guy could not even form any sentences because of his little sobs, but Namjoon didn't have to solve a big quiz, he could see that his nephew was injured.
"Okay, I got you." He picked him up and placed him on top of the counter and sighed as he noticed that Jungkook attempted to cook. The toddler has already taken out some eggs and butter from the fridge. Namjoon rushed to get a cool pack from his freezer and put it on top of Jungkook's left foot, before it got swollen, because it started to get reddish already. Even if Jungkook pulled his feet back in an instant of irritation, he made sure the cool pack touched the bruised place. Jungkook was still crying though, at the top of his lungs, shaking the walls to be honest. Namjoon leaned forward and wiped quick Jungkook's tear stained face and shushed him down after a few minutes of crying. The poor little boy was already tired from tearing his heart out and ducked his head as Namjoon was checking up if his foot got swollen or not.