[ xviii ]

-
third person:
-

"you do? that's great because i need to talk to you alone," lucy said.

"to make sure we're actually alone, let's just go drive around and talk," natsu said.

"sure!" lucy said. "we can take my car."

"i'll drive," natsu said. lucy grabbed her coat and put it on, natsu did the same. lucy then grabbed the scarf natsu gave her and put it on. since he's given it to her, there hasn't been one day she hasn't worn it. natsu smiles as she put it on.

lucy grabbed her car keys and handed them to natsu. they were eventually out the apartment building and driving on the street.

"your news first," lucy said

"well, i didn't just come to magnolia for the rest of winter break," natsu started.

"then when are you leaving?" lucy asked.

"are you trying to get rid of me?" natsu joked towards lucy. lucy immediately shook her hands and her head as if she was saying no. natsu laughed.

"that's good, because i'm moving back to magnolia and attending magnolia university," natsu said.

"you are?" lucy said in shock. "what about hargeon university?"

"it was a shitty college, it wasn't worth it. i'd rather be at magnolia university with you!" natsu smiles at lucy who had a faint pink on her cheeks.

"that's great, but what about your credits?" lucy asked.

"transferred over," natsu answered.

"that's good, i don't want you having to restart," lucy sighed in relief.

they pulled up to a jewelry store. "i'll be right back," natsu said. he got out of the car and kept the heater on so lucy wouldn't freeze. lucy's self esteem went down. she thought natsu would have feelings for someone else. she frowned and turned on her phone.

lucy *texting*: i don't think natsu has feelings for me lisanna, how do i tell him?

lisanna *texting*: how do you know he doesn't? you never know lucy.

lucy typed something across the keyboard. she immediately crossed the words out when natsu cake back into the car.

"that only took a minute," natsu buckled up. he held onto the small box. and no, it was not a proposal ring. he handed it to lucy. "this is for you," he handed lucy the box. she immediately blushed and looked at natsu who also had a faint bit of red on his cheeks. she smiled and opened the box. it was a necklace. lucy immediately hugged natsu even if they were in a car and it was difficult.

"thank you," lucy smiled. "now time for what i had to tell you,"