19-He Wins

I don't like the way that I finished chapter 18 so I'm like double updating. It's like almost 3 am so I'm sorry if spelling is bad or if I put too little emphasis on the fighting parts. Fighting parts are kind of hard to write so I'm trying.

Adrien

"Not again," I told myself. I had tried to stop the butterfly from reaching her, but I was completely swarmed in the neutral akumas that I wasn't able to stop it. As her spots turned back to white and she took her evilized form, Hawkmoth took her earrings back and held them like a trophy. Great, now my plan of saving her was thwarted. Now I had to win, for Marinette's sake.

I fought my partner, her grip on the yo-yo tighter than ever since it was her new akumatized object. She fought with my dad, both of them trying to destroy me, and I made sure that I wasn't blasted by her misfortune beams.

"This must be my unlucky day, I'm really bugging out about this catastrophe," I joked to myself, watching my dad roll his eyes as I decided that now would be a great time for puns.

I swear I could see Marinette laugh underneath her cold exterior. If only I could get her to fight her akumatized self.

"Just give up, Adrien," Gabrielle pleaded with me. "We both want what's in store for us... and your little girlfriend here made it so I don't have to choose."

I skidded away as I landed from a backflip, one hand on the ground to stabilize myself. "If you really cared about me, you wouldn't hurt Marinette, or anyone for that matter, to get what you want." I went back in to try and get Marinette's yo-yo, but her newfound energy made her even harder to defeat. I was exhausted from battling for so long, Blanc Bug was just getting started. I'd have to use my cataclysm. "CATACLYSM!"

The black cloud formed on my hand and I did a one handed flip to dodge Marinette and grab her yo-yo in the process. The akuma flew out and Marinette went back to her civilian form, collapsing on the ground. I went to check on her, but that's when my ring started to beep.

"So, Adrien. What's your plan now? You could run away and transform back, but if you took Marinette with you, you'd be too slow to outrun me. You could just leave her here... or just accept that you still haven't defeated me and that I'm about to get your miraculous."

I stood up, refusing to leave Marinette behind. We couldn't cleanse the akuma since Ladybug's earrings were in his possession, so she had to be protected in case she got stressed and came back as Blanc Bug. I only had five minutes to defeat my dad, a task that had taken all day and was still proving to be unsuccessful. I lunged at him, so swiftly so that he wouldn't notice. 

I was lifted up and trapped by a layer of butterflies. They somehow caught me midair. I couldn't push down on them, they weren't a smooth surface that I could lift myself off of. I was stuck.

He walked over to me and laughed. "It's hilarious that you thought you could disobey me. But I always get what I want." 

I tried to hide my hand, but he grabbed by arm and pulled it towards him, swiping the ring off of my finger. 

"Now, let's say hello to your mother." He held both of the pieces of jewelry triumphantly in his hand, holding them up to the shattered ceiling. The butterflies let me go, causing me to make a huge thud on the floor as my civilian form fell to the ground. "Powers of the black cat and ladybug, grant me the powers of creation and destruction... bring my wife back to me!"

Green and pink lights started filling the room with spurts of red and black in between. I looked and saw a couple shooting straight out from the accessories the two of us had worn and was almost amazed, until I looked over and saw Marinette becoming transparent. She faded into nothingness and with a bright light, she was gone.