Chapter 11:Mehndi

"Today is the Mehndi day!Yay! Im so happy" Aiza screams

I wake up with a jerk.

" I know,you dont need to scream. Gees! I did not sleep properly."

"Well then hurry up. You are the bride to be,wow."I roll my eyes and get up.

"Oh my Allah. Don't tell me you were still asleep.Your in laws are coming and its 11 now. Hurry up"My mums sister (Hajra) came. She is a second mom to me. She is a widow staying with her son.

"Yeah okay"I smile with her.

I get up quickly,take a shower and change into my clothes. Its a beautiful long dress. Soon Tayyibah and Amina come and they push me towards the dressing table.They start working on my hair and then face.I am told to close my eyes. After around some minutes which seemed like hours to me I was finally allowed to open my eyes.I open my eyes and see a completely different person.

"I..ts not... Me!"I stutter.
They laugh.

"Oh yes Darling! Its you"
My hairs were tied into a beautiful braid,the eye shadow was perfect,my face looked flawless with the makeup. The dark circles down my eyes due to lack of sleep were hidden by makeup.

"Thank you!" I smile

"You look so gorgeous,I mean,I cant wait until Yusuf Bhai sees you!He will faint!"Aiza suggests.

"Lemme take a PIC" she takes her phone.

"No"I shake my head and hide my self.I hear few clicks.

This Girl...

"Don't Aiza" I warn her showing my finger

"Chill. I wont"

"My baby is looking so beautiful"Hajra Aunt comes and hugs me.

"Your mother would be so happy"I give her a weak smile. Tears start forming in my eyes.

"Makeup " Tayyibah warns us. Hajra aunt chuckles.

"It always works"Amina winks at me.

Im so blessed to have these two idiots in my life. Alhumdulillah I whisper.

I am taken to the hall which is decorated.I sit on a couch meant for the bride. I am the centre of attention. I mean I don't like when im the centre of attention.I hear whispers. She is really beautiful and much more.I blush like an idiot.

My in laws are all here.My mil comes forward and hugs me. The Mehndi Cones are bought.Fatima calls Rukhsaar bhabhi to come forward and apply Mehndi. I get to know she is an expert. She starts applying on right hand while another lady applies on my left hand.They are so skillfull. I love mehndi. The smell is so awesome.

All get busy in getting Mehndi applied.Fatima-Zahra and Mariam as well.

"Where should I write Yusuf's name?"

"um anywhere" I reply shyly.

"You know on your marriage night brides ask their grooms to find his name on her hand. Gosh its so fun. I remember Hamid took around 15 minutes still he was unsuccessful."

"Akram found it in 5 minutes.Allah!He was getting so irritated."Another girl shares her experience.

"Im sure Yusuf will find it soon."Rukhsar bhabhi winks at me. I feel my cheeks heating up.

"Do inform us what happens okay?"Amina speaks getting excited.

"Yh she will. We want in details okay?everything...from the time you enter the room till the next morning."