Chapter 2

I waited in the basement on the tattered chair made of cloth.

My sister, Serkalia, was coming to the basement to say hello.

Out of all my sisters, the nicest would be Serkalia.

Mariam always is busy helping my mother, but still is nice to me.

Cathlyn, always cares about her looks.

Juliana, well... I haven't heard from her in a while. Of course she's up in the palace, but I suppose she doesn't care about me. She HAS inherited a lot from my mother, anyway.

Serkalia always cared for me, considering no one ever brings me food but her, but so does Mariam, that is, if she has time.

Mother always told me not to turn on the lights. I always live in a pitch black world.

"Alexia? Alexia?," Serkalia whispered. "I brought you food!"

"Serkalia???," I asked. "Is that you?"

"Yes silly, it's me."

"Serkalia!! I missed you."

"I've visited you yesterday silly!"

"Well yes..."

"Anyway, I brought you food. Bread and water. Sorry. All I could get for you."

"It's ok."

I devoured the bread in seconds, but saved some water, because I never knew when she was coming back to get me more.

"Are you finished?"

"Yes."

"Good. Let me take the tray back. I have got a royal ball to attend to. I'm sorry."

"That's ok. Have a nice time, but when will you come back?"

"Um, around tomorrow morning, I think."

"Alright. Goodbye!"

After Serkalia left, I had nothing to do.

I just sat there in the chair, with a flashlight.

After a few minutes, another creak came from the door.

"Serkalia?" I cried out. "Who's there?"

"It's me," a familiar voice said. "Can you not see me?"

I flashed the light towards the direction of the voice.

I immediately stood up and bowed.

"Hello, Mother," I said.

"Don't call me mother."

"Yes, my queen."

"You brat, why did you call me Serkalia?!!"

I stayed silent.

"So, my daughter, SERKALIA, HAS BEEN SEEING YOU?!?!"

How did she know?

"You idiotic daughter. You ought to be punished tonight. I will get ready the whip."

My punishments were always the whip. The more worser I acted, the more whipping I got.

I could feel her step towards me, and as soon as she did, I heard something crack and mother gasping.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF—!!"

She snatched the flashlight out of my hand and pointed it at the ground.

"DID MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER BRING YOU PHEASANT WATER??! You ought to be thankful Alexia, my beautiful princess was kind to bring garbage water."

I stayed quiet.

"I have come here, to tell you that Serkalia will not be returning to you. I don't want you to have a friend. NONE of your sisters will EVER come down here again. Not against my word. Good bye, Alexia."