Chapter 18

I helped lay her on her bed, with the rest of all the others.

A tall man wearing a suit said, "Wait, what's that?"

I looked. It was a note. The man read it out loud:

Hello, people of this land,

I have kept it a secret that I had a type of unknown cancer. I am sorry to inform you, but there was no cure. I am positive I won't live much longer.

Therefore, I recommend Alexia, my 5th daughter to be queen. Now, I hope happiness for all. Good-bye.

Love,
Queen Aletha.

Everyone looked at me. I guess they knew that I was Alexia. Everyone bowed at me. I didn't know what to do. I blushed. I felt my face turn pink.

I ran to my room. I closed the door, as people were following me. Great. More stress than ever. I felt bad for Mother. She had a cancer? No wonder she was so... weak!

I could do it. I went out. People bowed, offered drinks, and kissed my feet.

A maid ushered to me. I walked to her.

"Miss," The maid said. "Please, send these people back to what they were doing. They need to act calm."

I nodded.

"Everyone?" I asked. No one heard me. "Everyone?" I asked again. "EVERYONE BE QUIET AND LOOK OVER HERE!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

People stared at me.

"...please," I added. "You shall not worry. I will be your trustworthy leader. Do not panic. Please return to what you were doing."

Everyone mumbled and went away. The whole hall was now empty.