Chapter 7

I was struck with awe.

Then, Mother's servant, who served me, threw me a loaf of bread and poured water straight on my head with her flashlight. Then she left.

Great. Another Queen Aletha follower.

The bread hit me on my chin, and it fell to the ground.

I was soaking.

I picked up the bread, finding it with my flashlight. I dusted dust bunnies off with my even dirtier hands. I felt grossed out, but I had nothing else to eat. I shivered as I chewed my bread slowly.

After I finished my bread, I crawled over to the closet. I changed into my faint yellow dress.

I tossed my wet dress next to the closet, knowing that my servant would take it to wash while at night, and flick mud at me.

I'm sure she doesn't want to be my servant. I actually don't want her either. It would be a nice deal.

I sighed quietly and shook my head.

Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be better. I repeated that in my head, one at a time.

For the rest of that day, my servant came two more times. 3 meals. In ONE day. Was that normal? I hardly had one each day!

I always usually laid down on my small armchair and tried to fall into a deep sleep, so I wouldn't be tired, also it was better than sitting around with nothing to do.

I shifted around. Hmmph. Nothing to do. I couldn't sleep. I laid there for about an hour and a half. Then I fell asleep. Deeply.