epilogue ✓

Lilli had been back home for three days. Her parents had overcame their prejudices of mutants, just like Lilli once had to do. They welcomed her back with open arms.

Today, Lilli was at the park with her mom. A loud shout from a hundred or so feet away drew Lilli's attention, and her gaze landed on Emily and Sam. They had been walking along a path apparently, but had stopped to stare at their former best friend they hadn't seen in a long, long time.

"Hi guys!" Lilli's mom called, waving them over. Lilli's eyes widened and she turned to her mom.

"Mom! I haven't seen them in forever—"

"They miss you," was all her mom said before smiling at the approaching teenagers.

"Lilli?" Emily asked as she drew near. Lilli looked up at her former best friend, silently begging with her eyes to be accepted. Before she knew what was happening, two bodies slammed into her, almost knocking her off the bench.

"Where've you been?"

"We missed you!"

"Why'd you leave?"

"We couldn't believe you just left us!"

"We missed you so much!"

"It's been forever!"

"I can't breathe," Lilli choked out. Her friends pulled off of her, smiles shining bright on their faces. Lilli's heart swelled. She really thought they would hate her.

"I'll leave you guys alone," Lilli mom said, smiling. She got up and left, Sam and Emily taking her place on the bench.

"We have so much to catch up on!" Emily said excitedly.

"But before we do, we need to talk," Sam said seriously, suddenly changing the mood. Lilli frowned. What could that mean?

Emily stopped bouncing and suddenly looked serious. "Yeah. Lilli," she paused and looked around, making sure no one was around before continuing, "we know where you've been."

Sam leaned in, clearing his throat before speaking:

"You've been with Charles Xavier."