Chapter 7

The rest of his group finished getting ready and they all felt much better now that they were wearing clean clothes and disguises of sorts. Thomas had glasses, Newt and Minho put on clothes they'd normally never be caught dead in, Chuck had trimmed his hair and put on glasses as well, and the girls caked on some makeup.

After they finished, they took an elevator to the top floor, where the foot court was located. The sight made Thomas nearly start crying. The leftover food that hadn't been eaten that day were all piled onto a cart that Aris should've disposed of. So, the eight if them grabbed food from the cart. Thomas grabbed a box of chicken nuggets and French fries as began devouring the stuff. He silently thanked god for Aris, for both the food and finally making him realize that Brenda wasn't what he wanted nor needed. The group all and laughed and talked, like normal teenagers. That night they forgot about their worries and their problems and the journey that lay ahead of them. Around two in the morning, they made their way to the mattress store, each of them deciding to fall asleep for a few hours on the soft displays. Chuck found an alarm clock from another store and set it to half past four, so they would have half an hour to get out of there before employees began to show.

Thomas laid on a mattress between Brenda and Teresa. He hadn't planned it that way either, for he sat on the mattress and then Teresa sat on the one next to him and, before Newt could claim the one on the other side of him, Brenda leaped on and told Newt to find a different place to sleep.

At first there was just an awkward silence until Brenda softly called his name. He didn't respond, so Teresa shushed her and told her he was sleeping.

"Good. That means I can talk to you."

Suddenly, Thomas didn't feel as tired as he felt moments ago.

"You TOLD him, didn't you? He walked in on Aris and me and barely BLINKED."

"Would you rather he walked in on you and tear you and Aris to pieces?" Teresa angrily whispered back,"You CHEATED on him, Brenda. That's an ultimate low."

Brenda was silent for a few seconds,

"I should've been the one to tell him. You had no right-"

"Excuse you, Brenda. You had THREE MONTHS to tell him. And here they were, face to face, and even the you didn't tell Thomas. You are a despicable girlfriend, and you don't deserve anyone as good as him."

The two friends were silent for a long time until Teresa weakly whispered,

"I'm so sorry that was way out of line I shouldn't have-"

"No...don't be. You're right."

And with that, they didn't say another word for the rest of the night, and Thomas fell asleep.