Secrets

A/N: I've skipped ahead two months which is the time that homecoming and beauty con is! hope the time jump isn't too big. But Shawn and Lauren are still dating, and Shawn and Maya have become even closer best friends. 

MAYA'S P.O.V.

It was Wednesday. I was leaving for Beauty Con tomorrow night and I was going to stay at Alisha's apartment for the whole weekend. I was really excited to see everyone. It felt like forever since I had last seen them. Shawn and I are still very close as best friends, in fact, he'll be coming over any minute now to help me pack. 

I had my suitcase open but I had made no progress on packing because I never know what to pack. I had brought a few Canadian souvenirs for the girls in LA. I had been tweeting about Beauty Con all week and FaceTiming Alisha everyday for the whole month. I was still on FaceTime with her as we decided what outfits we should wear to Beauty Con.

"How about we find our outfits together when on Friday before Beauty Con, since it starts on Saturday?" she asked me.

"Yeah that could work!" I said.

I heard the doorbell ring. "That would be Shawn," I said and quickly hung up the call and walked downstairs to open the door for Shawn. I hugged him and we walked upstairs together. 

"So, have you figured out what to pack?" he asked me.

"Not really, I'm gonna buy my outfit in LA with Alisha, but I'm not sure what else to pack. So help me," I said.

"Okay," he chuckled and went into my walk in wardrobe and started pulling out random clothes.

"How about this?" he asked, picking up a pink and white gingham dress. 

"It's cute, chuck it in my suitcase," I replied. 

He nodded and went to my suitcase.

"Do you want food?" I asked.

"Yes!" he replied almost instantly.

I laughed and walked downstairs to get us something to eat. 

SHAWN'S P.O.V.

I was actually really sad that Maya had to leave for Beauty Con because she would be missing her first ever homecoming. It wasn't going to be the same without my best friend. But I knew how much she missed her friends in LA. I walked around her room while she was downstairs getting food. I looked around her room, it was really pretty.

She went for a very minimal look in her room. She had fake white brick wallpaper where her bed sat. And her room was very white but simple. I walked over her to bed and sat down when a purple notebook caught my eye. Curiosity got the better of me and I picked it up. I'm not the type to go snooping, but the title caught my eye 'Songbook'. I knew that Maya used to play guitar but I didn't know she actually wrote songs as well. We hadn't spoken much about it since the first week she moved here. 

I opened the first page. There were a lot of doodles here and there, I kept turning the pages and read the titles of a few songs. I read a couple of the songs. She was really good. There were a lot of emotions in the songs. One song, in particular really caught my eye. It was called 'Moments.' 

I was reading through it when the notebook was pulled out of my hands.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Maya raised her voice.

"Oh I-I, I was just looking, I'm sorry," I said.

She shook her head. "Shawn, that book is personal. You can't go through my shit like that, it's personal. You don't see me going through your songbook do you? Because I respect your privacy. You can't invade mine like that," she yells. 

"I'm sorry, I really am. I shouldn't have done that," I apologised. 

She looked away and walked to the balcony. I hesitated before following her outside. She was looking out at the night sky, and I thought I saw a tear fall from her eye. But she quickly wiped it away with her hand. 

"Why did you stop?" I asked.

"Stop what?" she questioned.

"Music. Why did you stop? You never told me," I asked.

"It's none of your business," she snapped.

"It's not. But I can tell it bothers you. You can't bottle it up and push people out, Maya. Talking helps, so please. Talk to me," I begged.

"You should go," she mumbles.

I sigh and leave. I wanted answers. I wanted to know why she stopped doing music. I hated that she kept pushing me away and bottling everything up. She may always be happy and smiley, but I was her best friend. I knew when she wasn't telling the truth, and I knew when something was bothering her. I just need her to talk to me, so I can help her. 

This was now going to be a mission, when she comes back from Beauty Con, I'll find out what's going on with Maya Davidson.