Moving

Maya's P.O.V.

Hey, I'm Maya Davidson. I'm a YouTuber and Viner with 1 million subscribers. I make videos about beauty, fashion, lifestyle and vlogs. I'm also a songwriter but I gave up singing years ago. It brought up too many old memories. I live with my mom and my step dad. My mom and I used to be really close but it all changed when she re-married. I started YouTube as a way to express myself and get away from reality for a while.

We just moved to Canada from LA. Mostly because we wanted a fresh start. I was excited to see where life would take me in Canada. I pulled out my Canon G7 X and started vlogging in the Uber. We were on our way to our new house and I obviously needed to vlog everything to show my subscribers.

"So I'm in the Uber right now driving to our new house! Ahhhh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to do a house tour for you guys. But of course I miss my amazing best friend Alisha back in LA but I get to see her soon for Beauty Con. Let me know if I'm gonna see any of you guys there, I'll be doing a meet up with Alisha and Mia that weekend and I'm so excited to see you guys!" I say to my camera.

I put my camera away when I realise the Uber stopped. We must've reached the house. I looked out the window and I gasped. This was the first time I was seeing the house. It was massive and it was so beautiful. It was a double story house and I could see two balconies. I smiled to myself. I could already feel myself loving Canada.

I hop out of the Uber and grab my suitcase from the trunk and walk in to the house. I looked around and it was amazing! I ran upstairs to see my new room. I stood in my new bedroom's doorway in awe. This was literally my dream room. I had an ensuite and a walk in wardrobe. AND a balcony. I quickly opened the double doors of the balcony and breathe in the fresh air. I already knew where I would spending most of my time – sitting in the balcony and drinking my coffee.

"MAYA! Can you please come downstairs? We've just got some boxes and I need you to take some upstairs," my mom calls.

"Coming!" I yell.

I quickly close the balcony doors and run downstairs to get the boxes.

"Now, your father and I are going to the grocery store to pick up some stuff since we have no food, will you be okay to unpack on your own?" she asks me.

I hated when my mom called my step dad 'father' or 'dad.' He wasn't my dad.

"Of course mom, I'm probably gonna continue vlogging anyway!" I said.

"Okay, I'll see you soon then," my mom says and walks out the door to get the groceries with my step dad.

I was already hungry though but I came prepared with snacks. I pulled out some muffins and potato chips and started snacking on them in the kitchen when I heard the doorbell ring. Surely they aren't back already? Mom must've forgotten her purse, typical. I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes and went to open the door.

SHAWN'S P.O.V.

I was up in my bedroom posting a Vine when Aaliyah knocks on my door. I tell her to come in.

"Mom says to come downstairs Shawn," she said.

I nodded and walked downstairs and saw mom putting some cookies on a plate. If only they were muffins. Why was she making cookies though? She only made cookies if someone was coming over.

"Shawn, Aaliyah," she looks at both of us. "I need you to take these cookies to the house next door. We've got some new neighbours and I thought it would be great to give them a bit of a welcome. And please invite them over for dinner," she said handing me the plate full of cookies. They smelt delicious.

Aaliyah and I walked over to the neighbour's house. I wonder who they are. Probably a rich family because that house is massive. Aaliyah rang the doorbell and we heard shuffling on the other side of the door and then it finally opened and I was faced with a brunette with really curly hair. She looked around my age and she was beautiful. She gave us both a warm smile and invited us inside.

"Hello, you must be the new neighbours, come on in!" she said motioning us to enter the house.

I walked in but Aaliyah was still at the front door with a shocked expression. I looked at her questioningly. What was she doing?

"You-you're Ma-Maya Da-Davidson... the Viner and YouTuber! Oh my goodness, I'm a big fan. I watch all your videos and when you said you were moving to Canada I thought you were joking cos you love LA," she stuttered out.

I looked between Aaliyah and Maya. Now that I think about it, she did look very familiar. But I couldn't figure out where I knew her from. I didn't watch her but Aaliyah never stopped talking about her. Maya was basically a god in her eyes.

Maya giggled and nodded her head. "Yep that's me! It was time for a fresh start and here I am. What's your name sweetie?" she asked.

"Aaliyah. And this is my brother Shawn. He's a viner too," Aaliyah replied proudly.

"Really? That's awesome! What kinda vines do you make? Comedy or?" Maya asked.

"I sing actually," I replied.

"Oh wow! What's your username? I'll follow you right now," she said and pulled her phone out.

I told her my username and she followed me straight away. She seemed really nice. We all talked for a little bit and she asked if we wanted anything to eat or drink. And then I remembered why we were here in the first place.

"Oh, almost forgot! My mom invited you and your family over for dinner tonight. Not sure what she's making but I promise my mom's an amazing cook," I beamed.

"Well, if she made these cookies then I'm gonna take your word because these cookies are the best," she said. "But yes, I'll let my parents know when they get home from the grocery store and I'll see you for dinner! Now are you sure you don't want anything? I only have some muffins and chips but you guys can definitely have some!"

My eyes lit up when she said muffins. "Did you just say muffins?" I ask eagerly.

"Here we go," Aaliyah muttered under her breath and rolled her eyes.

I give her a light shove and Maya laughs at me.

"Yes, I've got chocolate chip muffins I picked up from the bakery at the airport. Here you go," she said and handing me the muffin.

I think I just met my best friend. I thanked her for the muffin and looked at my phone and realised it was almost 5pm. It was about time we went back home and helped mom with dinner.

"We should go, but we'll see you tonight?" I ask.

"Of course. 6:30 right?" she asks me.

"Yep," I reply.

We say goodbye. Aaliyah gives her a quick hug and takes a selfie with her and we go back home to help mom make dinner and get ready for tonight. 

A/N first chapter YAYA!! Hope you all enjoy!