Celebrations

MAYA'S P.O.V.

After I decided to take up music again, i started writing so many songs. I started doing covers and uploading them onto YouTube. I had written five songs so far, but my favourite was still Moments because it was one of the first songs I've ever wrote. Shawn and I would hang out every Friday night and write music together and share what we came up with. 

I, of course still continued to do my regular videos like vlogs, lifestyle videos and stuff, but I was branching out more and doing my own thing. And luckily, my subscribers really loved it and my YouTube was growing faster than ever. I just hit two million subscribers today and I was going out for dinner with Darcy and Shawn to celebrate tonight. I still couldn't believe I reached 2 million. 

I was in the middle of writing a song when I noticed that it's almost 5pm and I should start getting ready for dinner with my best friends. I wore a black strapless top and black high waisted skinny jeans. I left my hair natural because I didn't have time to do anything with it. 

We were going to dinner at Taco Bell because that was the first place that Shawn took me in Canada. I texted Darcy and asked her if she wanted to come over early so we could hang out. She said yes and she was here in 5 minutes.

I opened the door for her and let her in. She was wear a really pretty shiny black halter neck top with black skinny jeans and black shiny boots to match her top. She looked really pretty, and we both matched with our black on black outfit. 

We went upstairs to my bedroom and started talking. 

"How are things with you and Shawn?" she asked.

Since Shawn and Lauren's broke up, I told Darcy that I had feelings for Shawn. She wasn't that surprised because she said she felt like there was some chemistry there. The same thing that Gabi told me at the Beauty Con afterparty. But I tried to ignore my feelings because I was still friends with Lauren and I didn't want to ruin the friendship with Shawn. 

"There is no 'me and Shawn,'" I said doing quotation marks at me and Shawn. 

"You can't deny your feelings for him Maya, just tell him. He probably feels the same way," she said.

"Probably being the key word, I don't want to ruin the friendship over a crush. I'm sure my feelings will pass," I replied.

"What if it's not just a little crush though? What if it's love?" she asked.

"What if it's not?" I retorted.

"You don't know if it's not if you don't date him," she replied.

"True, but right now I'm happy with being just friends. If the universe wants us together, it'll happen," I said.

"You and your universe bullshit," she laughed. "Well, you have Magcon starting this weekend, so you'll be on tour with him for a while. Who knows what could happen," she said.

"Oh crap, I completely forgot that Magcon's this weekend. This whole month has gone so fast. I've been caught up writing songs and making YouTube videos that I've forgotten about Magcon! I still haven't packed," I said.

"Calm down, I'll help you pack. Do you want me to sleepover tonight and we can pack tomorrow morning to get you ready?" she asked.

I nodded. "Thank you so much Darcy, you angel."

She laughed, "come on let's go meet Shawn, it's almost 5:30."

I nodded and we walked to Shawn's house. Shawn was just leaving when we were walking up to his house.

"Perfect timing Mendes," I said.

"I'm psychic, what can I say," he joked.

"Come on, I'm hungry and I need my tacos," Darcy said and literally dragged us to the car. We all put our seat belts and drove to Taco Bell.