Meeting The Magcon Family

MAYA'S P.O.V.

It was now time to head to the airport with Shawn for Magcon. I can't believe the day is finally here. I haven't been this excited to travel since I made the trip to LA for Beauty Con. I heaved my suitcase down the stairs and hugged my mom goodbye. Things with her and my step dad was still tense, but what else is new. 

Our first stop on tour was in Houston, Texas. Shawn and I were both buzzing with excitement. I had brought my songbook on the flight so I could show a few new songs to Shawn. I heard that we have musical performances at Magcon so I was excited to perform on stage. It had been so long. 

Our flight took off and I held Shawn's hand during the taking off. When we were in the air we both decided to watch Harry Potter. A favourite of both of us. We did a Pottermore quiz a couple weeks ago and he was in Gryffindor and I was in Ravenclaw. We always argued about who's house was better. I still think Ravenclaw is the best. Shawn's just in denial. 

Halfway through the movie, I started dozing off and I fell asleep on Shawn's shoulder. Cliche, I know. I'm sorry but planes are uncomfortable. And Shawn's shoulder would work as my pillow today. I felt Shawn's head rest on top of mine and we had both fallen asleep. We were both sleeping for the whole flight and the flight attendant had to wake us up. This was becoming a theme every time I travel - the flight attendant always had to wake me up. 

Shawn was the first one to lift his head up, he smiled down at me. 

"Wakey, wakey sunshine," he said poking my cheek.

I hit his hand away. "I'm awake idiot, I'm just resting my eyes," I said.

"Sure, sure, now come on let's go! All the other guys from Magcon are already there so we will be meeting them at the hotel" he replied.

"Okay," I said and I opened the overhead compartment to get my carry on. Before i could even think about grabbing it, Shawn had already taken it out. I thank him and drag my carry on and we go to pick up our suitcase. After we collected everything we caught an Uber to the hotel.

When we walked into the hotel lobby, we saw a bunch of other people around our age. I recognised a couple faces from Vine. There was an older guy with them, I assumed he was Bart. He came over to us and introduced himself.

"Ah, you must be Shawn Mendes and Maya Davidson. I'm Bart Bordelon, the creator of Magcon. I'll introduce you to the rest of the Magcon members that I'm sure you will be friends with on this tour," he said and we followed him to where the other Viners were seated. I noticed that there was only one other girl. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one.

"This is Cameron Dallas, Matt Espinosa, Nash Grier, Taylor Caniff, Jack Johnson, Jack Gilinsky, Carter Reynolds, Jacob Whitesides, Hayes Grier, and Mahogany Lox," Bart said. "And this is Maya Davidson and Shawn Mendes, these are our last two Magcon members this year! I will let you guys get to know each other but first, I'll be giving out your roommates," he said.

"Maya and Mahagony, you'll share a room together," he began.

"Cameron and Nash, you'll have the room next to them."

"Jack and Jack, you'll be sharing with Carter."

"Shawn and Matt, you'll be on the opposite side of the other's rooms."

"And that leaves Hayes and Taylor, you'll have the room next to Shawn and Matt's."

"Now I have to leave because I have another meeting to go to, make yourself at home." Bart said and then he left. 

I made my way over to Mahogany as she was the only other girl. 

"Hey! I'm Maya, I'm a viner obviously, and a YouTuber," I said.