Homecoming

SHAWN'S P.O.V.

I was fidgeting nervously. It was homecoming night. I should be excited but I'm more nervous than excited right now. And not to mention, I really missed Maya and wished that she was here. She could always calm me down and make me feel better. I already talked to her on the phone and she helped me stay calm but now I'm nervous again. What if this night goes all wrong?

I went downstairs so mom could help me tie my tie since I was clueless when it came to formal attire. My mom started pulling my tie through. 

"Are you ready for tonight, sweetie?" she asked me.

"I'm a little nervous honestly," I admitted.

"Oh, you'll have a good time darling. And I'm sure Maya would want you to have a fun time tonight," she said. 

I smiled at her and nodded. Then I went to the couch and sat next to Aaliyah who was on Instagram.

"Oh my gosh, Shawn look! How pretty does she look?!" Aaliyah said shoving the iPad in my face. I adjusted my eyes to see that it was a photo of Maya. She did look beautiful indeed. 

"Wow, she looks really nice," I said. 

Then I heard the doorbell ring. 

"That'll be the limo," I said getting up and hugging my mom and dad. I said goodbye to everyone and hopped in the limo. Darcy was already in there. The limo was going around and picking up everyone. The next stop was Lauren. I was fidgeting again.

"Calm down!" Darcy said. "You're making me nervous with your fidgeting," she added.

I nodded and went on my phone for a little bit. I texted Maya a selfie and told her I was on the way to homecoming. 

We picked up Lauren. She looked beautiful. She wore a red strapless dress and had her hair curled and to the side. 

"Wow, you look beautiful Lauren," I said and kissed her. 

She blushed. "Thank you Shawn, you look nice yourself," I said.

I asked Darcy to take a photo of us and she took a couple and gave my phone back to me. We all talked about how excited we were and we pulled up at the school. I thanked the driver and got out of the limo and helped Lauren and Darcy out since they were both wearing heels and dresses. 

I took Lauren's hand and we walked in together. We handed our tickets and went inside. Everything was decorated. There was a DJ, a photobooth and heaps of food. Lauren and I went to the photobooth and took some cute photos together. Then I went to go get us all some punch. 

I handed the punch to Darcy and Lauren and we were awkwardly standing in the corner. 

"Do you want to dance?" I asked Lauren.

"Sure," she said. We put our drinks on the table and walked on to the dance floor. I put my hands on her waist and she put her arms around my neck. Neither of us were good dancers so we were just swaying back and fourth to 'Mine' by Taylor Swift. 

My thoughts went to Maya. She loves Taylor Swift so she would be so excited to know that the first song they played was Taylor Swift. I smiled at the thought and kept swaying with Lauren. When the song ended, 'Wild One' by Flo Rida and Sia came on. Darcy joined us and we were all jumping around and screaming the lyrics. 

I didn't know why I was nervous in the first place. I excused myself to get some water since all the screaming and jumping made me tired. I went outside to get some fresh air since it was getting a bit stuffy outside. I heard my phone's text tone. I took it out and saw a text from Maya.

Mayabear🐻:

Looking fancy Mendes, you having fun?

I started texting back.

Shawnyboy🎤:

Yeah! Just took a break from dancing, I'm already tired haha

Mayabear🐻:

Hahah that's good! See i told u there was nothing to be nervous about

Shawnyboy🎤:

How was the afterparty? Met your soulmate 😜

Mayabear🐻:

Lmao no, but it was good. I'm back at Alisha's now. It was good seeing everyone again. 

Shawnyboy🎤:

That's good! Can't wait to see u in two day x

Mayabear🐻:

Me too! Anyway, get back to homecoming and hang with ur date! not me hahaha

Shawnyboy🎤:

Oh, right. Yes, I'll talk to you later. Bye Maya x

I put my phone in my pocket and went back inside. I looked for Lauren. I couldn't see her, she was probably dancing so I made my way to the dance floor. Yep, she was there but she was dancing with someone else. Who even was that? 

They were dancing awfully close together. And before I knew it, she kissed him. I couldn't believe my eyes. She was the one that kissed him. I gasped. And turned around and walked off. I went out and sat on the steps of the front of the school. I can't believe she did that to me. I ran my hands through my hair trying to process what happened. 

I wanted to tell Maya. But I couldn't bring myself to ruin her time in LA. I knew how much seeing her friend meant to her and I didn't want to get her upset. I groaned in frustration. I felt someone sit next to me and put there hand on my shoulder.

"What's up baby?" Lauren said softly.

I looked up. I scoffed and brushed her hand off my shoulder. "I saw you Lauren. I saw you with that guy. You kissed him," I said. 

"You saw that?" she said, clearly caught off guard. "I'm sorry, I was in the moment and I didn't mean it. Please forgive me," she begged.

I shook my head. "You broke my heart, Lauren. You don't go around kissing boys when you have a boyfriend. I gave you my heart and you broke it," I said getting up and walking back home. I couldn't believe what had just happened.