Chapter 32: The Plan

"Okay, all set!" Goatee Bill cried. "Do the transmission, Erisa!"

He and Erisa were at his writing-table in the Order hall. Goatee was sitting at a big computer-like gadget he had built. Erisa was standing beside him. She had put her hands on his head and was sent him information with her telepathic powers of a Keeper Class of Rank Five - the Expert. As the one who had already passed the third rank - the Librarian - Erisa had a connection to the Zariel archives. Now, she was connecting to the Zariel archives and sending information telepathically to Goatee, who sent it over to the computer. The latter transmitted it to the team members, who had already taken their leave. 

Edmund had gone on the said mission, so he left Goatee in charge of the Order. Lord Nick and Tamie had departed too, as well as all of the "sisters". Shiba and Diana decided to accompany the friends. Both of their parents turned out to be Libra Bearers who died while sealing Erik long ago, so they didn't want their work to be in vain. Nora Tinder stayed in the Order to defend it if the need arose.

The flying spirits were unleashed. Edmund had released his White Peacock spirit and Diana used her Air Dragon one (the Air Dragons had bird-like wings). These two carried the others on the spirits' backs and flew towards the destination - Georg Braun's and his wife's estate. Tiger led the way since she knew the house she was raised in. 

All of the team members had their Star-earphones put in their ears, to hear Goatee's voice and receive the transmissions of Erisa, as well as to communicate with each other by their thoughts alone. It was the Artificial Telepathy System that Goatee Bill designed in order for non-Keeper Class team members to be in contact with each other. 

The earphones transmitted a signal in their minds:

"Guys, can you hear me?"

It was Goatee's voice.

"Yes, Goatee, we're on!" Edmund answered with his thoughts.

"Roger!" all the other members called out too, to notify them their earphones worked as well.

"Good!" Goatee said. "Erisa will transmit the map now, and explain to you the whole plan."

"Okay. We're waiting," Edmund replied.

A map of Georg Braun's estate appeared in all of the team members' minds, as well as the potential locations of Erik's Illusionary Clones and Jan's Ghost Clone. 

"Did you all get it?" Goatee's voice called out again.

"Yes!"

"How do we know these locations are precise?" Riza asked.

"Goatee says it is a trustworthy source," Erisa's voice replied.

"Precisely," Goatee attested. "The thing is, Erik wouldn't want to put all of his clones in the same place. It would raise the chances of them being taken out simultaneously. He would still need all of his four clones close by, though, since Georg isn't a weak opponent."

"Ah, alright." Riza shrugged. She couldn't understand what that 'trustworthy source' was only Goatee had access to. 

"Remember the plan now, guys," Edmund cut in, "I take out one of Erik's clones with my Blast of Judgment. Nick takes out the second one alone. Diana is the Uranus Celestial Lady, but she is the Air element so working against the Fire might be a problem, hence Olivia Tinder will help her with her Water element and drawings, as a sixth rank of the Painter Class - the Painter. Shiba will help them too. He's the Earth element and he might have problems with the Fire alone. The three of them will take out Erik's third clone together. The rest of you - Riza, Tamie, Cherrie, Rianna, and Tiger - will assist Jannah as the Ninja rank of the Sneaker Class and the Water element, in defeating the fourth and the final clone!

"During the battle, Goatee will completely connect our minds with the help of Erisa, so we shall see who's attacking who and how fast it goes. Thus, we will be able to deal the final blow simultaneously! 

"And the final warning - please stay alive!"

"Roger!"

"We have a problem, however," Nick's voice sounded.

"Huh? What problem?" Edmund raised an eyebrow.

"While all of us are at Erik's clones, who the heck will deal with Jan and his plan to enter Lord Georg's body?" Nick asked.

"No! My grandpa!" Tiger cried. "We must protect him!"

"Oh," they heard Edmund's chuckle. "No worries, Tiger! There's a person assigned to take out Jan. He's an Earth element user, so he won't have a hard time against the Air."

"Huh? Who's such a person?" the friends wondered.

"It is Goatee's 'trustworthy source'," Edmund answered.

Goatee grinned with pride. The friends and Erisa blinked, unable to understand what Edmund meant. However, they decided to trust Edmund and Goatee, so they didn't ask any more questions. They could already see their target up ahead - a big mansion.

"We're there!" Tiger said.