Chapter 1: Those Things

Carl and I were hanging at his house watching TV when Lori, his mom rushed in. "Okay! Carl go upstairs and pack clothes, toothbrush and stuff like that but a lot of it, okay? Pack and come right down" Lori threw out the words within 10 seconds. "Yes mom" Carl nodded and ran upstairs. "Ok Liz go across the street to your house and do the same except stay there because your parents are home, we'll miss you" Lori genuinely smiled at me. I was utterly confused, "But why?" I couldn't help but ask.  "Your parents will explain okay? I wanna get you home before it gets worse" She gave me a quick hug and escorted me out the door. She'll miss me? Gets worse? Something up and I wanna know about it. But my thoughts were interrupted when I saw my mom and dad getting eaten alive by, what is that thing? I saw a few other of those things coming closer to me. "LORI LORI PLEASE OPEN UP" I shouted as if my life was on the line, which frankly, it kind of was. She ripped opened the door and hugged me as I ran in. "Sweetie whats wrong?" She asked me concerning filling up in her dark brown eyes. "Mmm-yy parennnnts!" I sobbed pointing towards the window. She got up and glanced out the window, understanding what I meant. "Don't worry hun, we'll take you in, care for you, you'll be apart of our family!" She said brightly, trying to make me feel better. Carl came downstairs, "Eliza! Whats wrong?" He rushed to my side. I couldn't see  Lori, because I had my head on her shoulder but I'm pretty sure she mouthed "Her parents" to him.

"Alright got everything?" She glanced towards us. We both nodded, we went back over to my house to get my things. "Ok come on, I told Shane to meet us at our house" Lori told us walking us 3 out the door.

Together.

Us 3.

As a family.

===============

Also, sorry this is short, the first few chapters will just be getting into the story but they will get better trust me. They'll also get longer but this seemed like a good place to end.

Carl and Liz are 13 here just so you guys know.

The storyline will be a little different then the TV show but obviously it'll be similar

I'm only putting the first 2 parts up first to see if people like them. After 5 reads I'll put another up. then 10, then 20 and so on.

Anna√