P R O L O G U E

"Kanya ko bulaiye." The priest chanted.

"Ji panditji. Yeh lo aagyi humari bahu." Said a lady smiling fondly.

There came a young lady carrying a 3 year old in her arms. The little one was dressed in a cute red, bridal dress, lipstick smudged on her baby lips and her tiny hands and feet covered with red 'alta'.

The lady was followed by a man, probably her husband. The couple looked all ecstatic.

The lady kept the girl down at the 'mandap' where a boy of 4 was already seated with a big toy car in hand. He was dressed in a little cream sherwani with a maroon turban around his head.

He looked at the girl and passed a toothless smile. The girl was busy playing with the chunri that covered her head. The boy pouted sadly and again got busy with his car.

The priest started to chant the holy mantras binding the two souls for an eternity, but those two looked least interested.

"Mumma ab meko ninni aarhi hai, kya hum yeh game ab kal khel sakte hai?" Asked the little boy, after a while, rubbing his eyes cutely.

"Nhi Rannu beta, yeh koi game nhi hai, isse shadi kehte hai aur isse one time mei hi poora karna hota hai. Thodi der aur baith jao bas." His mother explained him and handed him his toy robot to keep him distracted and awake.

"Maa yeh fire se meri eyes jal rhi hai" Said the girl slowly trying to cover her eyes with her tiny palms.

"Chup raho ekdum." Her mother shushed her sternly and then smiled embarrassedly towards her samdhis'.

The priest asked them to stand for the pheras. They both started running around the fire as if it was a race. Their mothers tried to stop them but they didn't listen. Like this somehow the 7 pious rounds got completed.

Next the boy was asked to put vermilion in her parting. The boy found this ritual interesting and took a handful of that colour to cover all her forehead. The girl saw him doing it, getting fascinated even she took a pinch of it and applied it on his forehead assuming it to be something like holi. The elders shared a hearty laugh while the girl also giggled sweetly looking at the boy's frown.

"Kya kiya beta, yeh rasam sirf ladka karta hai." Her mother scolded her a bit.

"But Mumma mujhe bhi holi khelni hai." The girl pouted.

"Aise nhi karte beta, yeh holi nhi hai." Her mother looked at her husband helplessly while the girl became upset.

"Koi baat nhi beta, aap abhi pandit ji ko follow karo, iss ke baad naa hum aap dono ice cream khilayenge." The boy's father cheered her up, which indeed worked.

"Vivah sampann hua." Chanted the pandit after the final ceremony.

"Ab humari beti aapki hui." Said the girl's father with teary eyes.

"Mai toh aaj bhot khush hoon." Said the boy's mother hugging her samdhan.

Then they started looking for their children. As their gaze traveled sideways a serene smile took over their faces seeing the girl resting her head on the guy's shoulder, his head on hers and both of them sleeping peacefully in their wedding attire itself.

"Dekhna yeh shadi inke life ka best decision prove hogi." Said the boy's father confidently smiling.

Guys this is the first time I have participated in a writing contest so please give me your support.

This will be a funny and light hearted story😁

The rest of the story will portray their adulthood.

Hope you liked it!!

Vote Comment Share

Saddahaqcontests
cotton_blossom
MonaMandy

Peh Gaya Khalara ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें