First Impressions

Your POV

"We're almost there, guys. don't give in!" I encouraged my team.

The end seems so far, yet so near at the same time.

"We won't make it in time!" Wintria cried. "We're doomed!"

She's right, there's so little hope left, I guess we have nothing else to do but accept out fa-

"Quit your internal monologue for a sec!" Etsuki blurted out.

How did she...?

"You're doing that already!?" Perseus sweat dropped.

"Do we have a choice?" Etsuki retaliated. "Everyone grab onto me."

"Hold on, what is she gonna do?" I asked a bit nervously.

"She's gonna take us to Ms. Goodwitch's class." Perseus explained.

"How is she gonna do tha-"

I was cut off mid-sentence, when we suddenly appeared in Ms. Goodwitch's class. The room fell in silence as we were piled up on the floor. The class bursts out laughing and we couldn't help but laugh as well. However, Ms. Goodwitch wasn't too amused.

"You just barely made it team HWPE, please pick yourselves up and take a seat."

Ms. Goodwitch suddenly grabbed my shoulder and looked at me sternly.

"As for you Mr. (L/N), remember that you're still under observation. Try to make it into class without the help of your teammates' semblance." she said in a serious manner, before gently letting go.

I simply nodded and followed my team to their seats. We sat beside team RWBY and saw Ruby waving at me.

"Hey (Y/N), I saved you a spot!" Ruby called out.

I took the seat beside her and my entire team looked at us funny.

"Shut it." I simply said.

Class started out fine, it was a bunch of methods on controlling aura and battle stances. After nearly half an hour of constantly trying to keep up with what Ms. Goodwitch was explaining, we were finally going to start the combat session of class.

"Who wants to come up first?" Ms. Goodwitch asked the class, only to receive no response from anyone. "Mr. (L/N) you're going to be our first fighter, consider it as a formal introduction to the class."

I nodded and stood up, I received encouraging words from my team which made me feel less nervous for what I was about to go through.

"Now for your oppo-" Ms. Goodwitch was cut off by a guy with orange like hair.

"I'll fight him." The guy said confidently.

"Very well then, Mr. (L/N) you will be facing Cardin Winchester in this combat session. Both of you gear up and head back out here once you're ready."

Cardin left towards the lockers, while I stood here and waited.

"Aren't you going to get your gear Mr. (L/N)?" Ms. Goodwitch asked.

"I'm already wearing it." I said pulling up the right sleeve of my school uniform.

I twisted my metal wristband allowing it to form into my gauntlet, I loaded it with burn dust beforehand making the outlines glow a faint red.

Cardin came back out not long after wearing a silver-gray armor with gold trimmings to what seems like a bird. His weapon was a mace.

"You're not gonna bother changing?" he said cockily. "More fun for me to ruin your uniform."